Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Keeper in, just to let the vet take a look at her. It had been several months since she was there.
Her weight was up about 1 lb. :dblthumb2
her heart sounded strong :dblthumb2
her lungs sounded clear :dblthumb2
and she marveled how much more stable and stronger she appeared since our last visit :headbang2
So when asked if I wanted to run any blood work I said I would decline. She is on antibiotics forever and I do not think at this time I would even want to know if there is something else going on. At almost 13 1/2 even if there was something, really what could I do? I would rather stick my head in the sand and just continue to enjoy everyday with her and not have anything dampen this GOLDEN time with her. My vet actually agreed with me and said she would do the exact same thing if she were in my shoes. So I stocked up on 6 months worth of meds and supplements and told them they would not get to see her again till the spring! :banana:

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
She is beautiful and I am so glad she got a good checkup!
Whoo hoo! Way to go Keeper.:);):p::smooch:

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Oh Hank, when I saw Keeper's name on the thread, it scared the crap out of me!!!!
I am SO glad she is doing great!!!!! What a relief for you and I agree. Why mess with a good thing!

I think Keeper is so beautiful and in your sig she looks so graceful. : )
Bless her!

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,453 Posts
I am so relieved that Keeper is a pound heavier and thriving. What a loved and cared for girl- it's so heartening and inspiring.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
yahooo! great news!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Wonderful news! I agree 100% with not bothering to go looking for stuff, she's strong now, and she'll continue to be as strong as she ought to be for being a beautiful white faced lady.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
So happy to hear about Keeper!

·
groobie peese n da lobe
10,181 Posts
Yeah for Keeper. My brother has a Keeper too...sow did my grandfather. Special name to me :wavey:

·
groobie peese n da lobe
10,181 Posts
OMG...did I really spell "so"..."sow"....eeeeek!!!! dat wuz da buddy!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Aw, that is great news. Keeper is such a beauty!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
This is just wonderful news about Keeper. I agree with you on not doing all the tests. As long as she is doing good enjoy the time. She is just beautiful.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
So glad you got encouraging news about Keeper!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts