Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang
Don't have any pictures of Katie when she was a puppy, old computer crashed and we lost all of those pictures. We lost Katie about six weeks ago, now is the right time to look back on her life and the joy she always bought us. RIP Sweet Girl. Love you and miss you. I really miss that cold nose of yours poking me in the morning.

Love Dad

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your beautiful girl... what a sweetheart.

Reactions: flykelley

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,605 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Katie, I know she was very special to you and your family and she is missed by all.

You have some great pictures to look back on, I hope they bring a smile to your face and wonderful memories shared with her.

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Katie, I know she was very special to you and your family and she is missed by all.
Hi C Mom yea we miss our girl but in the last week or two she still is making me smile and shake my head at her crazy self. Im not going to kid anybody I still get tears at times when I think if her, but the biggest thing is she is not in pain or suffering from that stupid cancer.

Mike

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,605 Posts
Hi C Mom yea we miss our girl but in the last week or two she still is making me smile and shake my head at her crazy self. Im not going to kid anybody I still get tears at times when I think if her, but the biggest thing is she is in pain or suffering from that stupid cancer.

Mike
We lost our boy Taz in Feb., he was 15.5, had cancer too. He had bascially been in Hospice his last entire year, we opted not to put him through any type of treatment because of his age, we knew it would be too hard on him. He had a good long life with us, he'd been with us since he was 8 weeks old.

We still tear up thinking about him, looking at his pictures-I recently came across some pics I didn't know I had, they were taken before the days of Digital Cameras, needless to say, they are very precious to us.

ETA: This is one of my favorite passages:

It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my
heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
are.”

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi C Mom
It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my
heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
are.”

Your above post is so true, I have had 4 Golden's in the last twenty years and each time I lost one it took a bit of my heart. But as your quote says every time I get a new Girl she gives me a piece of their heart. I think losing Katie just took a bigger chunk of my heart than I thought it would. Things are looking up though, very soon we will be getting either a puppy or a rescue and she can start to help heal my heart.

Mike:)

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
What sweet photos. I also have a soft spot for scrunched-up-on-pillow-sleeping faces. :smooch:

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
What a beautiful girl Katie was! Thank you for sharing her with us.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Sweet girl Katie. Some dogs just leave their paw prints in your heart, never to be erased.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Sorry for your loss of Katie. I hope you can get some comfort with a new pup or rescue very soon. Your pictures were precious. Looking forward to seeing your new pup.

Reactions: flykelley
1 - 14 of 14 Posts