Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a comment. There is a lack of professional, knowledgeable, non-abrasive, thoughtful, educated, “educating”, morally sound, caring, patient, honest, giving, loyal, experienced breeders. Especially in the Northeast. Kathy Hearn is NOT one of them. I spoke with her for 90 minutes today. She educated me, she challenged me, she comforted me, she guided me. She gave me hope that there are at least a handful of amazing breeders left. If you need an expert opinion. If you want a breeder, not a saleswoman for your next dog, please contact her! And her dogs are GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
and she has a bunch of super wonderful ideas, too. I stole my grate potties from her, and that saved me over the last few years many hours of easy cleanups!!

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
I want to make a comment. There is a lack of professional, knowledgeable, non-abrasive, thoughtful, educated, “educating”, morally sound, caring, patient, honest, giving, loyal, experienced breeders. Especially in the Northeast. Kathy Hearn is NOT one of them. I spoke with her for 90 minutes today. She educated me, she challenged me, she comforted me, she guided me. She gave me hope that there are at least a handful of amazing breeders left. If you need an expert opinion. If you want a breeder, not a saleswoman for your next dog, please contact her! And her dogs are GORGEOUS!
I moved your thread to the Choosing A Golden Retriever Breeder And Puppy Forum. This way members looking for a breeder can find your thread. Glad you shared your experience.

·
Kate
20,606 Posts
I think if you send an email out to a lot of people and do not feel like you have to call them, or follow up when they respond to you, or send the same email out to every golden breeder out there - word does get around.

Kathy is a great one out there, but there are a lot of really good breeders out there as well who absolutely are worth following up with, talking to, and being open with.

Because there are scary people out there - a lot of breeders do try to weed out anyone who seems like they would be difficult to deal with or give them bad vibes. And sending the same email out to everyone and other things might be enough to give that impression.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And informed buyers should do the same, weed out breeders they shouldn’t seek with. And it is sadly easy to do.

I think if you send an email out to a lot of people and do not feel like you have to call them, or follow up when they respond to you, or send the same email out to every golden breeder out there - word does get around.

Kathy is a great one out there, but there are a lot of really good breeders out there as well who absolutely are worth following up with, talking to, and being open with.

Because there are scary people out there - a lot of breeders do try to weed out anyone who seems like they would be difficult to deal with or give them bad vibes. And sending the same email out to everyone and other things might be enough to give that impression.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don’t give yourself too much credit. When just one good breeder came to my aid I received no less than 10 emails from other great breeders apologizing for the state of their market. Too much ego and confidence isn’t good in any market. Good luck to you.

·
Kate
20,606 Posts
Don’t give yourself too much credit..... Too much ego and confidence isn’t good in any market. Good luck to you.
????

Eric. I suspect you misunderstood my comment. Continuing to post and comment in this way somewhat confirms what people had said elsewhere. More than a few didn't even think you were actually looking for a puppy but had something else going on. Market research. This includes people who gave you openings and opportunities. Am saying continuing in this fashion isn't good for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts