Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it was going to be hot in Melbourne today (about 97 degrees) I decided I'd pick up my sister's dog and take her and Jesse to the beach this morning before coming back to our house and keeping both the dogs in the cool house.

Problem is that since the dogs haven't seen each other for almost a week they were both crazy and hyper. When I let them off at the beach they ran in opposite directions - Abby (my sister's dog) went to the toilet on the sand and while I was walking to pick it up I saw Jess look like she was about to go to the toilet while standing knee deep in the water :doh:. After picking up after Abby I walked down and had a quick look to see if I could see where Jess had gone (but, admittedly I didn't wade in and look very hard). I have never not picked up after the dogs before and don't know why I just left, but I did...kept walking.

Anyway, about half an hour later a lady came up and started yelling at me for not picking up after Jesse....I lied and said I hadn't seen her go (why lie?!? Bad bad karma....) but she called me on that lie as I had made some comment to the effect of "not in the water Jess...". Anyway, to cut a long story short I realised about 5 mins after being yelled at by the lady that I had lost my car and house keys somewhere along the 45 minute walk on the sand :no: So, 5.5 months pregnant, 2 hyper dogs and a hot day....after retracing my route with no luck I managed to find a lovely lady to lend me her mobile and my Dad was able to leave work, drive 40 mins to come and rescue me and let me in the house. Now I am sitting here with no phone (it's in the car), no car, and no keys. That will teach me for not trying harder to pick up after the dog!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
oh no. you deserve a cool refreshing drink and your keys back. Put you feet up and relax.

Hope your day gets better. Karma for missing poop - nope I just think bad day. Lady that yelled at you will have karma back on her. : )

Thats a lot of work and 5 months along. I'm glad your dad could rescue you.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Sounds like a bummer of a day. I would have done the same as you. One dog poop in the ocean is a pretty small thing. Fish and whales poop there everyday.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for making me feel better guys (also helps that I am now at home in the air conditioning with a cold drink and two dogs sound asleep). I still can't help feeling a bit guilty though and will be making more of an effort to clean up next time!! At least the day can only get better from here.

·
aka Ali, Oscar's mom
493 Posts
One dog poop in the ocean is a pretty small thing. Fish and whales poop there everyday.
LOL! This is so true... we don't really like to think about it though! ;)

I still can't help feeling a bit guilty though and will be making more of an effort to clean up next time!! At least the day can only get better from here.
Meh-- don't feel guilty!!! If this is the first time you missed a poo, you've been doing pretty well. :D If Oscar poops at the dog park, and I run over but can't find it (in the tall grass), we always say "well we'll get two the next time!" ... and the next time we just pick up an extra one from someone else's dog! I hope my karma is going okay ;)

Hope your day is getting better!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Meh-- don't feel guilty!!! If this is the first time you missed a poo, you've been doing pretty well. :D If Oscar poops at the dog park, and I run over but can't find it (in the tall grass), we always say "well we'll get two the next time!" ... and the next time we just pick up an extra one from someone else's dog! I hope my karma is going okay ;)
Been there done that. Dogs don't poop red flags:p: and there are those off leash times when the delivery gets kinda lost:doh:. If I can't find it, I can't find it. I tried. But it happens. I have, more than once come across a pile that I know was not from my dog. I pick it up and dispose of it anyway. No big deal.

·
A Deputy and his dog
167 Posts
I'm sure the undertow took the boom boom out into the ocean by the time she came and chastised you. Anyway that's probably about as troublesome as a ugly grain of sand in the desert. Also I bet this lady has no problem going under the water in a public pool which is the equivalent of scuba diving in a port-a-john.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts