Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've put any new Kaizer pictures on the forum - he's four now!

A local rescue holds a fundraiser event in a nearby park every year, and my training place does agility demos and trick and CGC testing there. I go every year with Kaizer. Over the last couple of years, I know we made a lot of improvement with his stress/anxiety issues, but it was never as apparent to me as it was today.

Generally when he's overwhelmed, he'll find it hard to focus on me, he walks terribly on a leash (not pulling, but the leash isn't loose), he won't take treats or he'll lose interest quickly. We had a little bit of that today at the very beginning - we were late because we were teaching a class and we arrived at the height of chaos, but i took him for a lap around the park and let him sniff, do dog things and then he absolutely killed it.

I even got the "is he a service dog?"/"is he a service dog in training?" question multiple times today (i always say no!). That always makes me laugh - i get that question a lot more than I anticipated, and I just think about how sometimes he's so incredibly goofy and full of zest that people ask me if he's less than a year old. Other times, he's so well behaved that I get asked if he's a service dog.

I just love this dog so much. He is SUCH a hot mess, but he's my hot mess and I've learned so much from him. He is absolutely the best boy, he tries so hard for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,265 Posts
Great photos of your lovely boy!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
He is so handsome. Kudos to you both for all the hard work you have done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts