Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

K9 Pedigree

1015 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Mags16
I was given the K9 pedigree chart for my new puppy coming home to my family in few weeks. I tried to decipher it but I am so lost and confused. Can any one please help me decipher it or tell me whether my puppy pedigree is good? Thanks so much!

Pedigree: Halle x Brui
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a show pedigree. Not a lot of other title types other than show in this pedigree. It doesn't mean that the pups from this litter couldn't go on to do other work than be a show dog. It just means that the breeders were mainly breeding for show. A lot depends on your plans for this pup. I don't see anything wrong. Personally I would not buy this pup. The coat will be a show coat, I prefer a shorter care free field coat. I also prefer a pup with a solid field/obedience titled pedigree. When I look sideways at this pedigree (siblings of parents and grandparents) I find little more than the occasional CD. I've owned a variety of pups from show to field trial. The most cuddly and easiest to train have been field pups.
Thank you for taking the time to look at the pedigree. It’s our first family pet so we just want a nice family GR that is good with my kids. Obviously an east to train one is best. May I ask why you would not get a litter from this batch?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To the OP: I've met a couple of Ambertru pups and they are super nice golden retrievers, good all-rounders and very trainable. I think you'll be more than happy. Congrats on your new puppy!
Thank you :)
Ambertru is reputable from those I spoke to and have seen on this forum so my family and I are honoured Connie chose use to have one of her sweet pups :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts