Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,980 Posts
This is a show pedigree. Not a lot of other title types other than show in this pedigree. It doesn't mean that the pups from this litter couldn't go on to do other work than be a show dog. It just means that the breeders were mainly breeding for show. A lot depends on your plans for this pup. I don't see anything wrong. Personally I would not buy this pup. The coat will be a show coat, I prefer a shorter care free field coat. I also prefer a pup with a solid field/obedience titled pedigree. When I look sideways at this pedigree (siblings of parents and grandparents) I find little more than the occasional CD. I've owned a variety of pups from show to field trial. The most cuddly and easiest to train have been field pups.

· Premium Member
4,980 Posts
I'm looking for a super easy to train pup. I have specific field/performance pedigrees I look to purchase from, because of the activities I do. Everyone is different in what they need. I'm sure this pup will be fine.

Reactions: Mags16

· Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Excellent point about ICH 2. In any show pedigree I’d be looking for a test for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts