Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try to access the k9 data website this morning? I am getting a death reaper with a flashing page saying it's been hacked by a turkish hacker!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Me too. Strange. There was mention of it on a golden list, someone said it was fixed but it isn't. Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
same here, dumb @#$ hackers! couldnt they find any other site to hack :mad:

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Hers is the latest on the status from the database owner, Amy

Just to put minds at ease, I've taken a look at the hack, and the site itself is completely undamaged. In fact, if you go directly to a pedigree page from a link, and not to the home page, it works. All the hackers replaced is the main page. I took a look at their code and I THINK it is free of viruses/trojan horses/etc. Obviously I cannot be sure. All I found were some linked .gifs and a .wma (video). Just to be on the safe side, I would stay off the site until it is fixed--and keep your browser security settings as high as you can stand (always). I will send another email when it is fixed.

I could fix the site right now. It would take 2 minutes or less. But I want my ISP to look at it first. They clearly have some security problem if the hackers were allowed to get in, and if I fix the site before they take a look, it will give them an excuse to ignore the problem. The next hacker may not be so benign, so whatever the security leak is, I want my ISP to close it.

Amy Raby

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I just got the same message. I was on there last night and it was workig fine!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
This from Amy

Looks like my ISP restored the original files, so k9data is working again. The hack is gone.

I'm still waiting to hear from them about how the hacker got in.

Anyway, you can use the site now.

Amy Raby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts