Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if its o.k to give them cauliflower because I found out Shianna likes them, the fresh kind? I give her broccoli and carrots a lot because she loves them and it's healthier than the dog biscuits.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Just do it in moderation. I remember reading that veggies frim the cabbage family (cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage) in excess over along period of time can suppress the thyroid function. At least that was Billinghurst's take on it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just do it in moderation. I remember reading that veggies frim the cabbage family (cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage) in excess over along period of time can suppress the thyroid function. At least that was Billinghurst's take on it.
I've read that too! We're retesting Milly's thyroid soon, and I've almost completely removed the cabbage family of veggies from her diet. She adores broccoli, and I can't completely do away with it, so she gets one very, very small floret sticking out of her frozen kong weekly, the rest of the time she has to settle for a carrot or peanut butter on the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts