Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ginger is 6 months old and still gets the puppy bath at PetsMart for $10.00. They trim the nails and clean the ears. My vet does a bath for $20...nails and cleans the ears. My Groomer charges $25.00. He does all the above plus Ginger comes out smelling really good with a pretty scarf.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
My groomer recommended the Peticure. I'm going to buy one to do their nails because they get so long in between grooming. She love it and so do a number of my friends.
You'll love it... makes my kiddos manageable and I feel confident with it. I was always nervous with the nail clippers.

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
I hear some pretty good prices here! I guess the places Ive called are just way over priced.. Im kinda weiry on groomers.. The last little business i went to before petsmart, the lady shaved Chloe, after i asked for a trim of her feathering! I absolutly, can not stand shaving a golden. sorry if any of you do it.. I was in tears when I saw Chloe.. She shaved her bum feathering and shaved around her ears, and her legs.. Who does that!

Does anyone own the Furminator brush.. I bought one for $60 at Petsmart and I absolutly love it.. It does an amazing job! But ive heard you should only use it like once a month!!

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
WOW I just looked up the Peticure online.. I need to get one of those.. I often thought about filing Chloes nails with trimming at all, but that would take forever with a regular nail file.. Peticure is the perfect thing for us.. She is such a challenge.. Do you have to order it online, or do they have it in stores?? I hate ordering online, but if i have to! lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered the Peticure online and just love it. I sit on the floor with Ginger and she holds her paw up and looks around just like a lady would do having her nails done. I wanted my husband to take a picture but he isn't good with the camera. By the way, it took 4-5 weeks for mine to arrive.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Great question! I just called today a couple places to get some quotes for how much it would cost. One place said $50 which I think is absolutely ridiculous for a 6 month old ... she doesn't even have all her fur yet. The guy told me that $60 was for a full grown golden so she would probably be $50 and I told him I only wanted her bathed and her feet trimmed.

I then called another place and I think they said it would be around $38. I also found a wash your own dog place and it's $11. I'm debating between the $38 place and just doing it myself.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had both boys done on Saturday. $150.00 for the two. While they were there, pretty much all day, I went to get my hair trimmed and spent $14.00....Typical Mom!?!?

·
Cheeky Curmudgeon
1,046 Posts
$60 for a bath and tidy, $5 for nails, $16 if I take him to the Launder-a-Pet and they provide everything (towels, brushes, combs, shampoo/conditioner, apron, doggy dryer, grooming noose, grooming table etc) but the dirty dog.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
$50-70 here depending on what you have done...Glad I work there, I can take mine in and do it my self ,but a couple times a year I have the groomers do it and I only have to tip them....

·
Maryland
2,806 Posts
It's about $60 here....full groom. But I don't ever take them. I can do it myself in an hour and a half (or less depending on coat), from start to finish! Actually, that's not too bad, if you don't have the equipment, however. And besides, if the dog isn't showing, and doesn't roll in anything gross, or doesn't swim in yukky ponds often, they don't need baths too often!

(Just in case anyone is interested....full groom on a fully combed out Newf - meaning no mats or tangles - is $150 ROFL)

·
Sam and Jack's Mum!!!!!
1,521 Posts
I pay $35 (Australian) They come to my house in a mobile trailer with all the trimmings! I usually get this done in Winter. They get a shampoo, blow dried and nails clipped! In Summer we bath them ourselves. I don't mind getting so wet in Summer.

·
Golden Retriever Fanatic!
135 Posts
Around $7 (Rp. 70 000) for bathing, trimming, nail clipping, teeth washing, just everything xD The groomer comes to our house too.

Edit: Forgot to add, we get 1 free grooming for every 8 times they come over, lol.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts