Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Michelle, M & M's mommy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We went to Florida last week for Thanksgiving and took Molly with us. I swear I have the best baby girl ever! We have been so blessed in that we have such a laid back GR (she is just over a year). She never barks, is not hyper, and listens pretty well. She does have some issues with being timid but we do what we can for her regarding those.

While at my parent's we let Molly go off leash for the first time in a yard that was not fenced. I was really nervous about doing it but once again Molly just amazed me with how awesome she truly is. Not once did I have to chase her down or yell at her. If she started wandering too far in one direction I only had to call her back and she returned. She also slept outside her crate the entire time we were there (due to the fact that we opted not to bring it with us) and she did wonderful. She was also amazing and gentle with my nephews (age 4 and 18 months).

In addition she had an opportunity to play with my brothers 7 year old GR, Ally. While Ally wasn't all that thrilled with Molly (she kept stealing Molly's ball and lifting her lip at her) Molly was very calm and relaxed about Ally.

Truly, I am more in love with her than I was last week, and I really didn't think that was possible!:)

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
awww...she sounds like a credit to you! Some dogs are more laid back and easier than others but don't downplay your input into her lovely disposition and manners!! She sounds like a little darling!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
That it is so great!!!! I am glad you all had such a wonderful time! What a great girl you have!

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Awww this brought tears to my eyes! Molly sounds like the perfect dog but as Emma&Tilly said, it is also a credit to you. How sweet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts