Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Just wanted to give a shout out to Chris Browning from Eldorado Goldens, Richmond VA

13K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  Cnith 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
My son Chris and I spent the day with Chris Browning who is the owner of Eldorado Goldens in Virginia. We were so impressed with Chris’s knowledge and her dedication to the Golden Retriever breed. We have been looking for a high quality breeder for the past three months in the hopes of finding one who raises healthy and happy
Golden’s with a good temperament. We drove 5 hours to meet with Chris and see her goldens and after spending time with her yesterday we were confident we found the right person with the right philosophy who truly loves the breed. Chris has spent over 40 years raising her “children” as she calls her puppies and dogs. We are absolutely thrilled she has chosen us as one of her future owners. Thanks Chris for the privilege of getting to know you and spending time with all your beautiful Golden’s. We can't wait to get one of your gorgeous puppies from your next litter!

#4 ·
We are getting a puppy from Chris Browning's (Eldorado Goldens) next litter too! I have been in touch with Chris since early this year - and waiting patiently for one of her amazing dogs. I have visited her twice in VA (I'm from the Boston area) and talked with her several times on the phone. I love her passion and knowledge of the breed. Where are you located? It would be so great to have someone nearby who has a sibling to our puppy.

#5 ·
We are waiting patiently also but have not heard any updates yet. We are hoping to hear from her soon. We are located in Media PA. Last we heard from Chris she was hoping to have 3 litters by December. So any day now hopefully! Thanks for reaching out. Stay in touch!

#13 ·
I emailed her over the holidays and she said she was waiting for puppies and for me to email her after the 7th and she would have a better idea of what litter we would be getting our girl from. I emailed her and haven’t heard back; however, I think that area in Virginia had widespread power outages last week so I am not surprised at the delay.

#35 ·
This is Maisey, one of Walker’s puppies. She's 13 weeks old. We worked with Chris for over a year. Believe me when I say this baby was so worth the wait. Be patient and your patience will be rewarded with a beautiful baby from Chris! View attachment 888990
I also agree that patience is needed to get a puppy from Chris. We picked up our little guy (we're still waffling between "Rocky" and "Charlie" and "Ringo" for a name) 3 days ago! He is such a sweet and smart puppy.
Here are a few photos - one pic is with my daughter who is a student at UVA and sad not be home for this stage of puppyhood.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Flooring
Dog Working animal Carnivore Dog breed Fawn
Car Sky Wheel Vehicle Toy
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Toy Carnivore

#44 ·
Hi all! I just wanted to chime in and say that Chris' goldens are wonderful! I picked up Charlie at the end of September last year and he's an absolute joy. Such a wonderful temperament - friendly, wants to say hi to everyone he meets, great with kids and other dogs - just a textbook golden. Chris isn't always the quickest to respond to emails, but she clearly knows what she's doing.
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Fence Carnivore
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Pet supply Wood
Dog Snow Carnivore Tree Fawn

#45 ·
Hi all! I just wanted to chime in and say that Chris' goldens are wonderful! I picked up Charlie at the end of September last year and he's an absolute joy. Such a wonderful temperament - friendly, wants to say hi to everyone he meets, great with kids and other dogs - just a textbook golden. Chris isn't always the quickest to respond to emails, but she clearly knows what she's doing.
View attachment 889414 View attachment 889415 View attachment 889416
Charlie is adorable and looks so much like our little guy! We have also decided to name him Charlie :) (as we love the Charles River in Boston). We also thought it was appropriate since we picked him up near Charlottesville. I was also impressed with Chris' knowledge - from grooming, diet, to vaccinations. She took a lot of time to run through everything the day we picked up our puppy. I'm glad we made the trip down to VA from MA to pick up our new family member!

#53 ·
I had the exact same experience when meeting with Chris and her gorgeous dogs. I drove from Raleigh NC and she spent over 3 hours with me. I knew instantly that my next beloved fur baby would come from her. I’m beyond excited and can’t wait. She was so knowledgeable and is passionate about raising healthy, beautiful Goldens.

#60 ·
I've seen litters of Goldens on social medias and breeder websites ranging from one or two puppies to 13+. 6-10 is the most common but either end of the spectrum is possible 17 is the world record for Goldens, iirc, and 24 puppies from a Bull Mastiff. Dogs are incredible creatures!

#64 ·
24?! Holy cow!! Mastiffs are much bigger but still, wow!!

17 for a golden, goodness!

I suspected around 8 but never thought 1, 2, or3. So interesting! I wonder what makes those happen... Maybe unviable embryos that got reabsorbed. Anyways I'm glad for the healthy ones. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.