Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man the next two weeks are going to be rough:(. Ada isn't supposed to have any exercise for the next 10-14 days because of her spay and she's already going crazy on day one. I tried doing some training to mentally tire her out, but she's so amped up she was going after my hands and jumping up on me, it was frustrating.

Guess I need to just get a bunch of the treats she likes to chew (some edible twisty bone thing) and stuffed kongs to preoccupy her when she's out if the crate and keep her in the crate more often =\.

Just venting...can't wait til i can let her run around again >_<.

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
I went through this two months ago, it wasn't fun but it is only 2 weeks in the grand scheme of things and you will appreciate being able to play and walk your dog! :) I sure did...she will grow accustomed to being quiet after a few days..hopefully....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had my handsome man Brody fixed about three weeks ago. He was VERY hyper the first day home. We felt horrible but just tried to not play with him or anything :/ We would watch tv so that he would not get too excited. We also made sure to not take him out potty if any other dogs were around. :D Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got my Bella spayed a couple of weeks ago. The vet said not to let her run around crazy like and jump. After the first day, when she was on pain meds, she was back to her normal crazy self. We tried to keep her somewhat calm, but it was impossible without having her crated all the time, which I didn't want to do. I guess the stitches were put in really well, because they were fine. She had the stitches out only one week later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not looking forward to this! With our first dog, I finally had to ask for a sedative as he wouldn't stay "calm"- he was allergic to the sutures, and it took over a month for him to finally heal! The food/treats and contained is the only way. We had to keep him crated except to go to the bathroom (and I had to carry him to the grass because he would bolt down our deck stairs), for about 5 days- until the allergic reaction to the sutures cleared up (antibiotics). Thankfully Scout is a more mellow pup in general, so keeping my fingers crossed that when his time comes we will have an easier go of it.

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Puzzle Toys?

Maisie's spay is scheduled in two weeks. She likes puzzle toys, so I got her a few as Christmas presents and have put them away until after her surgery. In addition to the purchased ones, she likes to look for treats hidden in muffin pans with tennis balls covering them.

I'd love to learn any more ideas like this. Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts