Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(We lost our beautiful golden, Buddy on Nov. 26, 2011. It's been a very hard Christmas season to go through for our family. He was 12-1/2 years old, and had a good life; but I'm having such a hard time with my grief. I know time will heal, and reading all the poems and connecting with others that have gone through this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am so, so sorry for your loss. He sure was a handsome boy with a very loving face. I lost my Buddy on October 30, so I understand your pain. This is a very good place to connect with. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and Buddy will always be with you.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss!! Buddy was very handsome....lovely face!!!

RIP Buddy.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Buddy

I am so very, very, sorry to hear about your Buddy.
I know how it hurts.

We lost our 11.5 year old Female, Golden Retriever, Smooch, Dec. 7, 2010, to hemangiosarcoma or lymphoma. It leaves such a hole.
The only thing that has saved my Hubby and I was adopting another Golden Retriever. Please hang around us and talk about it.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I am very sorry about your loss of Buddy. He certainly was a handsome boy. The holidays certainly make us feel that loss even more. I am glad you found us here. I know it is hard but the pain will ease and you will be able to remember him more through smiles than tears.

Reactions: ValerieS

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for your replies..it helps. It is amazing and wonderful how our dogs have enriched and brought so much joy to our lives! Beautiful pictures of all of your dogs!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Buddysmyheart

Buddysmyheart

Dogs give us humans so much. My Hubby and I can't live without a dog.
Your Buddy was so beautiful and I love that name!

Reactions: ValerieS

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
What a handsome boy. I'm so sorry for your loss. So many of us have walked this path of grief. You'll find much support here and many ears to listen and shoulder to lean or cry on. When you feel able, we'd love to hear some stories about this sweet guy. Hugs.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Sorry for your loss, been there twice. First girl passed at approximately 10yrs (rescue b-date unknown) and my boy at 13yrs3months. It is not easy I know. Hope you welcome a new friend into your life soon to honor him.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Buddy was gorgeous!
I am a sucker for those lovely sugar faces.

I am so very sorry it was time for him to go. It takes a long time for the grief to ease, but it really will get softer with time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you. I'm hoping this gets easier too. We loved our Buddy so much, the pain is still so intense. Browsing around on this site breaks my heart for all the people that are hurting like we are. But thankful we had the love and companionship of these wonderful dogs! Hope we all find peace in 2012!

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Buddy was a beautiful, beautiful boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Our first golden 'self-rescue' was named Buddy. So is the lab mix we just adopted to a family in Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very sorry for your lost over the holidays. It's just not easy to say goodbye for now. I lost 2 of my goldens this past year. There are wonderful people on this forum who have helped me during some dark hours. I hope you stay and help mend.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. What a sweet looking boy. Run free at the bridge.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts