Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My third young golden to pass away from cancer. I am heart broken. We were strict with diet, weight exercise, spread out vaccines, limited flea & tick control, gave fish oil pills - the whole thing. She was almost 8. My male General was barely 7 when he passed away. So sad...

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Jolie, you have come to the right place for support during this hard time.

If you would like Jolie's name added to the Rainbow Bridge List please let me know the date of her passing and I'll add her. Once again so very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you that would be lovely. She passed away yesterday. I am traveling on business and couldn’t be there. In the process of getting home. I am a complete mess. I have been here before with this stupid cancer but I feel blindsided this time. We were able to grieve and have more goodbye time with our other two. I choose her over myself because I didn’t want her to suffer at the e Vet for me to get home. The tumor was filling her heart with fluid and wouldn’t stop. Devastated.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Jolie. My husband also made the decision to miss his chance to say goodbye so that Tawny would not have to suffer another day. It is sad. I hope you will find comfort in knowing you gave her a great life and did all you could to keep her healthy.

·
Kristy
9,478 Posts
I'm so sorry for your heartbreak. It is never easy but the unfairness of not making it to 10 is an added layer of hurt.

When you are ready, sharing some photos and favorite stories here with us helps a little. Mourning with people who understand this kind of loss won't fix things but it lets you know you're not alone. My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost a young one last year as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It’s such a heartbreak. This forum helped me so much when I lost my Molly. People understand here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Jolie. You obviously gave her a wonderful life and put her needs before your own when it counted. She was lucky to have your family to love her. I know how hard it is to lose her but you did the best you could for her. That matters. My heart is breaking for you.

·
3 goldens
11,810 Posts
I am so very sorry. Cancer is taking far to many of our goldens. You truly showed your love for her by not letting her suffer one minute more than she had. Bless you for that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again everyone for your support. This board was helpful when I lost Belle and General 6 weeks apart from Hemangioma. I feel like I have been battling this cancer for 8 years and it wins every time. I plan to homecook for my boy Jax - Jolie’s brother. Glad my husband fought hard not to have home nurtured. He looks so much younger and not over weight. We are just back at that fear and heightened alert at anything he does. Curious what is the recommend dog food now? I would like a back up if I can’t cook for him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss of Jolie. I know how hard that is losing them young. I’ve tried so many things with mine, cooked food, raw diet, limited vaccines, seems nothing really changes. So don’t think you did anything wrong. Time and your memories help heal your heart. Love and enjoy your Jax, seems even in the same family some have long and others short lives. So we just have to go day by day and enjoy them while they are with us. Know that many here know that pain and grieve your loss with you. Hugs

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jolie...very sad that she was so young....my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time....it's never easy losing one of our fur babies....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Our 7 year old died suddenly and 2 1/2 weeks ago and they suspect Heart Tumor. I feel your pain. When we talked about getting another golden due to all the health, his only remark was I rather have 7 short years with a golden than any other dog. I wish there was a way to stop this disease that is so prevalent in our goldens and shortening their lifespan average. Share photos of your sweet Jolie and may she find our Chloe across the bridge.

·
Rehoming breeder girls.
49 Posts
I can feel your pain. I have found the only way to have it subside is to bring another golden into your life. We had our girl for 2 years 3 months when she passed at 9 years 3 months from that dreaded Hermangiosarcoma. Eden our girl passed in July 2018. She was spayed just about 5 years before she passed.

Was your loved one spayed too?

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,621 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Jolie.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts