Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am Tammy from Indiana. :)
I googled breeders in Indiana and saw some of your comments. I am looking for my next golden(or mix or another type of dog). My last golden, Sadie, who I love(d) dearly had a few issues I'd like to avoid if I can. I am searching for a pet from a responsible breeder (or shelter or rescue ) not a show dog. I adopted my girl from a family at age two so I don't know of any breeders close that I would buy from. And I would be researching all about pups because this really would be my first. Just here to glean information about finding my next friend for life and advise and tips from golden folks.

·
Registered
17,776 Posts
Hi Tammy, welcome to the forum!.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,591 Posts
Hi, welcome!

If you're interested in finding a Breeder, you may want to start a thread in the Choosing a GR Breeder and Puppy Section, specify the area you are looking for one from.

If you're interested in adopting through a GR Rescue, here is the info of the GR Rescues in IN, there are 3 Groups in IN, contact the one closest to you.

National Rescue Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America

Both of my Goldens are adopted, I found them listed on Petfinder.com. My girl was adopted through a GR Rescue and I found my boy at my County Humane Society.

Best of luck in your search, enjoy the forum.

·
Kristy
9,582 Posts
Hey Tammy, Welcome to the forum :) I've learned a lot here, I think you will find a lot of useful info as well, just take your time reading through the information. A puppy is a ton of work but a lot of fun for the trade off - I'm sure you will figure out if that's the way you really want to go or if you'd like to rescue.

Have you had a chance to look over the information on the Golden Retriever Club's national website? That is also a great resource. The more you read, the more familiar and comfortable you will feel with the information. People here can also help you look through and figure things out with health clearances etc. Just take your time and learn as much as possible.

www.grca.org

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your puppy / rescue search. You will find a wealth of information and support from the good people here. I'm sure you'll find that it normally takes a bit of time and patience to find the furball of your dreams and only you have to weigh the pro's and con's and choose.
I've adopted rescues and purebred puppies and love them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts