Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I hope you all had an amazing holiday season! It was so nice to have some much needed time off and relax. I had about 2 weeks off to be home with my husband and Leo and it was great. Leo was definitely ecstatic that he got to go out and play fetch 3 times a day and cuddle with us on the couch. We also got to spend a lot of time with family and Leo would come over and play with my in-laws' dog Maxi (pictured below). Now that we are back into normal work mode, Leo has been very "quiet" and sad looking. He knows when I'm going to work because I wake up and go straight into the shower and he always gives me this look. He now refuses to eat in the morning or takes his sweet time to do it. I think its because he doesnt want me to go haha. And yes, I took him to the vet. He is perfectly fine. When I come home he gets super excited and his appetite is back to normal! Has anybody experienced this with their dog?

Also, Leo has become such a child lately its so funny. He has become very vocal. If he loses his ball or is in a place thats hes scared to get or can not reach he will bark at me as if saying "hey come help" he starts off with a cry and like a pleeeaseee and then goes into a high pitch bratty tone like now mom! If I say no, he will respond back as if were having an argument, i love it. If i point the finger and say no he gets upset wrinkles his nose and do a high pitch baby bark and usually like shake his head. Ill have to post a video soon. Does anyone's golden also do this?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Silly Leo. I think dogs understand a lot of what is going on. My son moved home for a few weeks and Rukie could tell when he started moving his stuff out. He looked very sad and upset. Sounds like Leo has joined Rukie and me in the January, holiday is over, funk.

·
Registered
907 Posts
They are so cute!! Yes, definitely I was barked at to assist if a toy went somewhere where my Golden couldn't get it. Luke would also bark to let me know if he couldn't get out of somewhere, but he was silly because it would be something he could easily hop over. He trained me to get up and move the item. 😅

1 - 3 of 3 Posts