Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congratulations!!!! Is this your first golden retriever? You made such a good choice. Brandi is our first golden and she is absolutely the love of my life, I am sure Tinsley will be the same. You did such a good thing by adopting him. He is so beautiful!

I am afraid to say but a plush toy that stands up to a golden's chewing may not exist :) I have tried several things but so far no luck. All I have been able to give Brandi that lasts is Kong toys (not the ones with fabric on them, only the rubber varieties). And other very strong rubber toys. Try the squeeky Kong, it is a ball with feet and little ears, it is tough rubber but squeaks. It is sure to be a favorite.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Time for an update...

Tinsley LOVES to watch Planet Earth on Blu-Ray on the HDTV TV... haha I got tons of photos like this now... he loves the leopards and gets all excited when the birds fly into the picture.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He looks gorgeous. Mine love the show planet earth too. My cats all line up on the coffee table watching it when there are alot of birds on there.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
That's so cute! Tell us some more about how Tinsley is doing!

·
But, my name is Debbi
1,715 Posts
He is just beautiful. Such a wonderful gift for you & for him. He's got him a new buddy, and you have a truly devoted friend. So happy for both of you. Keep us updated, and lots of pics are in order also!!

·
Murphy's Mommy
2,441 Posts
Congrats on all the progress with Tinsley! He is a very special pup :) I love the picture of him with the little girl walking him. That is awsome! I wanted to tell you about a couple of toys that are somewhat durrable. Murphy too does not give the stuffies a chance. He will de-fuzz and de-stuff a toy in no time. I got him this toy called a pentapull, and they have really heavy dutie stitching. A little pricy, but I got that for him almost a year ago and its still alive :) http://www.funnyfur.com/pentapulls-dog-toys.aspx here is a link to one place that sells them, but if you google pentapulls there are lots more places that sell them. Just an example. Murphy has a green monster and loves to shake it :) Also someone else mentioned this too, but he Kong Wuba's actually do last a little while. Eventually he will get the top off, then get the two balls inside out, but it last longer than a stuffy toy. Well, good luck with your pup! I was very happy to read all of the things you guys are doing together. Sounds like a match made in heaven :)

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
I love the picture!!! Misty loves to watch animals on TV! Im so glad things are going so well!! :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
He is a handsome boy He will look even better havinig you there to take great care of him! It wont take long to get that weight up.

·
3 goldens
11,695 Posts
I am so glad you found each other. I think you actually needed each other. He is such a handsome boy and I call tell he is enjoying his life so much---and it appears you aare as well.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Tinsley is gorgeous! I just love those big red boys.
I like planet earth too and have recently watched the episode Tinsley is watching. Does he try to get the birds? My two guys completely ignore the television unless a thunder storm comes on.
Glad you two are having a good time. He sounds like quite a find. My rescues have had more issues than Tinsley, but I've loved them all (five in eight years).

81 - 95 of 95 Posts