Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Awwwhhh, poor Minnie & poor you!!! My first thought was a grass seed (seeds) caught in her throat. Duke had that when he was a very young puppy (his first autumn) and had to put him under general anesthetic to get the seeds out. I still have them. There were probably 10.

I'd be finding a new vet as well. Grrrrrrrrrr. I hope she gets better quickly. Hmmmm, wonder about some bread if it is something in her throat.

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner regarding the grass seeds. Weekends are generally very busy for us.

It would be grass heads - grass that has gone to seed. Not the fox tails that was explained earlier but the kind of seeds that when you walk in a field they end up in your socks with 3 - 4 "shooters". Do you know what I mean? He ate a bunch and sounded alot like your girl.

I'm very happy that she's doing better. We have a nice crop of shrooms in the back yard - any chance she would have gotten into any of those? Was she in my back yard? :p:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.