Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it is starting to seem like an eternity until we pick up our new golden girl!

Hi I'm Buzz from the middle of Wisconsin and our extended family decided that it was time to get another dog(been almost ten years) and Goldens seemed to be a natural choice to help introduce our 9yr old granddaughter to some responsibilities but realize that as being retired it will be my 'job' for most of the puppy stuff

Finding lots of great info here and hopefully won't have too many questions but feel comfortable that good answers are available here

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
Hi, congrats and welcome! I understand your pain LOL Tomorrow will be 1 week ago that I picked up my pup Bentley, the time went sooooo slow but I swear the final 2 days had 72 hrs each :) This week with him has flown by and I love him dearly! (even though it's like having a newborn). Looking forward to pics of your new fur baby!

·
Kristy
9,397 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Kylie has a smile like sunshine! Won't you all have fun!!! Have you been able to find an obedience club or training group who will let her attend obedience classes with you? (It's definitely not too soon to start researching, the good ones fill up so quickly.) If she is interested, it's a terrific way of helping her learn to have authority over the puppy and handle him properly. Definitely worth the investment in time and money.

Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have, I've really learned a ton here and the people are terrific. Looking forward to seeing more photos in the future!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AKC has a branch<?> in the area--trying to get a hold of someone to see about puppy obedience stuff for both of us

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats on your soon to be puppy! Adorable! I remember how hard that three week wait was! It goes soooo slow! I know my breeder use to post pics once or twice a week and I was constantly checking online for updates! Think I tried to keep busy buying supplies and thinking of a name. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
There's a great book on training puppies available for free on the internet--Dr. Ian Dunbar is excellent. The in-person training is best, but this book will give you lots of good tips:

Free Downloads | Dog Star Daily

P.S. Your granddaughter is adorable, and looks very pleased with her new responsibility!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi! It is just 3 weeks until my husband and I get our first puppy! We are getting a male golden from Lakeview Goldens, and I was just wondering where you are getting yours from since you are in central WI? I know our litter is raised in WI and brought down to Elburn, IL when ready. Just curious!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rgardn03 ours is from a local(Wisconsin Rapids) home breeder---seems to be responsible with well cared for puppies--like being able to visit our puppy almost at will--Lakeview is still a few hours NW of us

1 - 12 of 12 Posts