Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ellejee has chosen the theme for this month, 'Puppy Gotcha Day' .

Whether your pup was 8 weeks or 8 years old it was a special day when your fur baby came home, share a pic.:smile2:

Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, July 23rd.

Please, one entry per membership and remember the first photo you share will be the one entered in the contest.
As always you must have 25 posts (when the contest closes) to be eligible to win.
We love to see everyone's pics including ones from previous 2019 winners.

·
Registered
206 Posts
After a 3 hours drive home, we went to the store to pick up a few things and it was pretty exhausting for this guy. He slept through several "omg look how cute" and "awwws" from people in the store.

Attachments

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,423 Posts
10 hour drive from Maryland to Kalamazoo Michigan. The pic is the next morning after the drive home (13 Hours) waiting for her next meal. The stuffed dog was to help keep the food bowl from moving as she ate :grin2:

Edit, Tried to take out the 2nd pic of the one on the bed as I meant to only attach one.

Maggie dreaming of food.jpg

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Ken and Wayne laughed at yellow ribbon boy when he took a toy and ran across the room shaking it. This is the puppy they chose for me and he is still quite mischievous and very active at almost 11 years old. Chuckanut's Whale of a Tale, Jonah, has been my constant companion since I picked him up in 2008.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,852 Posts
Unfair:(((( Perry was a 5-6 months old giant bear when we found her............

Ellejee has chosen the theme for this month, 'Puppy Gotcha Day' .

Whether your pup was 8 weeks or 8 years old it was a special day when your fur baby came home, share a pic.

Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, July 23rd.

Please, one entry per membership and remember the first photo you share will be the one entered in the contest.
As always you must have 25 posts (when the contest closes) to be eligible to win.
We love to see everyone's pics including ones from previous 2019 winners.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I can't believe how quickly life has gone since we brought Kaizer home - this picture is 4 years old! I was 14, about to start my sophomore year of high school. Now I'm 18 and about to start my sophomore year of college. Kaizer was 8 weeks old in the picture and now he's 4 (which is just crazy to think about!).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
A year ago this month we brought baby Tru home. He helped heal my husbands broken heart after we suddenly lost our Tugg in March. This was the day we picked him up.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Chance’s first night home. He wanted to be outside, so I brought his bed outside on our patio. Sat with him until he was ready to come inside. He had only been with us an hour or so, but look at that smile. He knew...I knew, too. We were already connected. We still are...

Miss you, Chance. Love you forever...

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
This was the first night when I met my Peri / Perry.( the one with big head & smile) My bear, my golden potatoe, my café de paris, my cream caramel. I will always remember the dim & golden moon lights of the coffee shop the night I met her . They were already closed and was waiting for us to pick her up.

My Perry was tracked on the street by a family friend. He thought that she was the golden of the coffee shop that we mutually know because she basically embraced him when he called her out on the street as if she has known him since long time. It was almost midnight when we went to pick Perry up. She was later on adopted and abandoned together with her adoptor's first dog at a dog hotel. So, only after almost 9 months , I decided to adopt Perry personally which has been one of the best decision( maybe the only one :)) I have ever made. She has been mine sunshine & moonlight since then.
Perry was found on 05.03.2014 and her b-day is inserted as 29.10.2013 (republic day of Turkey)
I know the pictures are not of good quality and eligible to compete but I just wanted to make a serenade to my moonlight and if you don't mind of course with the great Captain Glenn Miller if the theme is "retro".

PS: The one in front is the Princess Bendis, the GR of the coffee shop. My petite Geisha, my beautiful pupetta.

Attachments

·
Lubbin mi prends!
8,529 Posts
Lilly napping - she found her favorite spot in the garden right away...

that was pretty much 10 years ago :)

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pippin, our ball crazy dog, and Lumos, our stick crazy pup, meeting in the front yard for the first time on March 10, 2019. The two are first cousins. We drove halfway across the country to get Lu and stayed in a motel somewhere between Texas and Indiana.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,915 Posts
What a fantastic theme, looking forward to seeing all of the great entries!!.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Pebbles April 2012. The day we brought her home. We had her meet tough guy Barkley (R.I.P) in a local park.
A few days after this picture was taken, Barkley bit her on the head. He punctured her lower jaw and the top of her head - her head was in his mouth. She jumped on him and he over reacted...
The vet said we should be happy Barkley had the restraint to not kill her. From that day forward, she knew her boundaries with him.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Lana's gotcha day was almost a year ago. Man time flies. There were a bunch of good ones to pick from (including the one where she decided she wanted to sleep IN her water bowl. And one where she fell asleep on my shoulder. But I think one of my favorites is this one. Look at that little peek-a-boo tongue!

20180730_132406 (2) (1024x768).jpg

Not to enter but as a bonus cause Bear was perfect... this was from his gotcha day.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.