Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This past week has been flooded with memories of my shadow, Jonah. I picked him up in Bellingham, WA at Chuckanut Retrievers. Ken and Wayne were waiting for me and just laughed telling me how Jonah had grabbed the toy they gave him, shook it and ran around the room with it .I thought, uh oh, I got stuck with the wild puppy. Jonah was like a bull in a china shop yet so gentle when someone approached.
I had big plans for Jonah with training sessions and going to seminars. But, he had other plans for us....I loved this dog so much that I retired very early so we could spend most of everyday together and renewed my interest in photography. Jonah was the perfect dog for the camera and he would strike a pose for me with a beautiful backdrop.
I miss my little man!.

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
Beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: JDandBigAm

·
Super Moderator
3,010 Posts
Just how wonderfully sweet. It comes from your heart and the depth of love is so apparent. Thanks for giving us this gift. I hope it was also helpful to you.

Reactions: JDandBigAm

·
Registered
680 Posts
Like the first Day and as if it is always Spring.
We all had plans , dreams and expectations from 2020.Many have been cancelled and many ended before even it has started."Postponed" has been the most optimistic vocabulary in my dictionary and unfortunately Jonah's departure was not postponed as of my Yogita. The New life of Marla with Jonah was a dream for me of which I did not want anyone to wake up (including you gorgeous Sydney,the surreal Cat ).I prefer and imagine keeping you in Marla's life comme au premier Jour as if it is always Spring time.You were the bf,the big & gentle brother with biggest smile and heart. Keep an eye on your beautiful family

💝

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like the first Day and as if it is always Spring.
We all had plans , dreams and expectations from 2020.Many have been cancelled and many ended before even it has started."Postponed" has been the most optimistic vocabulary in my dictionary and unfortunately Jonah's departure was not postponed as of my Yogita. The New life of Marla with Jonah was a dream for me of which I did not want anyone to wake up (including you gorgeous Sydney,the surreal Cat ).I prefer and imagine keeping you in Marla's life comme au premier Jour as if it is always Spring time.You were the bf,the big & gentle brother with biggest smile and heart. Keep an eye on your beautiful family

💝 View attachment 874700
Thank you for your poignant words of wisdom. Marla and Sydney are sitting together in the front of the house as I write. The piano piece you sent was so perfect but it sure makes me get a big lump in my throat.

·
Registered
680 Posts
He left you Yourselves & Art.Through love ,you found yourself.Through Art,you got a chance to eternalize life.What an inheritance. .

·
Registered
816 Posts
Jonah was a beautiful boy and it's clear that he was so loved and had a wonderful life. Your outdoor photos of him are stunning. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Just a Parent of 5 Golden
1,201 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss of Jonah, he was a beautiful Golden.
Like you, I retired early so I could spend time with (& photographing) our boy Macca's & girl Maesie. It was the best years of my life with them, & I have thousands upon thousands of photos to remember our wonderful time together...
And by your beautiful photos, so did you...!!!
RIP (Rin in Paradise) Jonah... 💔💖💔

1 - 13 of 13 Posts