Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

joint supplements...again I know

1417 13
So I've been looking thru this section and I see quite a bit of info on older dogs that need a lot of help and I see a lot for puppies. But I need something for a dog just startign to have trouble with her hips.

Tinkerbell has seemed stiff occassionally in the past. but this weekend she was definitely having an issue. I gave her a low dose aspirin this evening with her supper and that seemed to really help. But it is obvious that I need to start a joint supplement program.

I'm thinking I need more than a preventive start but I also don't want to go to the maximum either, I don't think. Her hips are not bothering her all the time at this point and she's only 3. So any recommendations?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,451 Posts
Dasuquin is a wonderful supplement for Tango's elbows, and makes a lot of difference. It is pretty expensive, but worth it.

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,451 Posts
Yes, which is so nice! Finn and Tango take it, so it is crazy. Tango probably(hopefully!) has 14 years of Dasuquin to still to come- jeez.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.