Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting here crying :--sad:and also happy:--happy:for Joey. The rescue has approved a home for him. I will meet the woman tomorrow and if all goes well he will stay at his new home. She is a retired woman with anothe dog and already is in love with him. She met him this morning at the vet when I took him to get neutered. If she could of she would have taken him home tonight. All the girls at the vet say she is the best. She met them when she saw a dog get hit by a car in front of the vets office and paid to get him all fixed up and then found a home for him. He was a huge dog and just too much for her. Plus her dog and him didnt get along. I will give her the website to join if she wants to but if not, I am giving her my email address to send pictures and updates and offer to babysit Joey whenever she needs.
My heart is breaking but I know it is the right thing. He deserves the best and will get it with her. The president of the rescue just raved about the great job I have been doing and said he just looks gorgeous. I will try to get alot of pictures tonight to have as a keepsake. And I have his stocking to stuff tonight. He will go home with alot of toys. Santa already dropped them off.
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I know that this is bitter-sweet, I'm so sorry. It sounds like Joey will have a fantastic, loving home. I think Joey will be happy to go to this new home, because he knows what you did for him, with your big heart, so that you're able to help more dogs just like him.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Wonderful news for all of you !!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Reading that made me cry...sad tears for you, I don't know how you wonderful people foster and let them go. You helped save Joey's life... And happy tears for Joey so glad the little guy found a forever home...I hope that lady knows how lucky she is Joey looks like a special dog. Sending you tissues...good luck Joey.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
It's so hard to let the special ones go, you'd done wonders for him Carol. Joey will remember you always. I hope this home is as wonderful as it sounds. BIG Hugs to you!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Ohh,where is my tissue box! I am glad you found him perfect home. And sad that he is not staying with you FOREVER!!!!!
I don't think i can ever do fostering,i am such a softy.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh Carol, bless you. Sweet Joey will always remember the love and caring he got from you to get him started on his new life. Sure hope new Mom joins us here!!!!!!!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
You are doing great work there Carol. It must be so bitter sweet to see them leave. I'm sure Joey will remember you forever for the leg up you have given him.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
That is good news, Carol. It means you have helped Joey discover and make gains towards developing his potential - the potential to be a wonderful pet who is loved and cared for. You made that happen, you and Bama and Daisy and Shelby and Pawley. You did exactly what you were supposed to, all of you, so Joey can fulfill his destiny. I am sure it is bittersweet, but aren't we always better for the love our pets share, whatever the time they have with us? On Joey's behalf, thank you for loving him.

677 Posts
The only fostering I have ever done was with kittens (2). They were 2 days old when we got them, and we did the whole bottle feeding thing every 4 hours, just like with babies. They are 13 now and still going strong...I discovered I could not give up my foster kittens, so I've not dared foster another animal or I would likely have a house full!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm so happy for Joey that he will be going to a good home. Carol, you did such a wonderful job nurturing Joey. I'm sure another needy dog will find you.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Beaushel

Beaushel

I am feeling your pain. This woman does sound kind, loving, caring, compassionate and I am sure she will love, adore, and protect Joey.
Have Joey and her other dog met?

Please give her link to the forum if you want and make her promise to send you pics.

God Love You for the selfless love you give to these beautiful souls.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dog Annie and her did meet today at the vet. Sniffing of the butts but Joey was still groggy. I just got off the phone with her, we talked like we have been friends for a long time. Just talked and talked. The cute thing is her neighbor's name is Annie and so is her dog and the neighbor's child is named Joey. So there will be two Annies and Joeys. She doesnt plan on changing his name, she just loved it.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Awwww Carol, this is such happy and sad news all at the same time. More happy though, as now you can help another dog in need :) I really really hope that Joey's new mom joins the forum - maybe if you were to email her links to all of the threads pertaining to Joey, so she can read how all of us have followed his progress and grown so attached...I'm sure she will want to join our community :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Carol....I am too feeling such tears of sadness for you on one hand...yet also the tears of happiness you must be feeling right now, as Joey finds his new loving home. What a loving, wonderful job of nursing Joey, and bringing him back to good health once again. How very "Special" you are Carol, and how fortunate for Joey, that you have been there for him. He will always know your love and comfort you gave him, as he moves forward with his forever home.:smooch:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I hope Joey's new mom joins the forum. You did a good thing Carol...be proud of yourself for giving little Joey a chance. Hopefully you can be friends with the new family and maybe see each other from time to time and watch Joey continue to grow.

This is a true Christmas story!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Carol, you are the Christmas angel that created the miracle of a forever home for Joey. Big hugs to you and your healing team of 4 legged therapists.
Give a kiss to Joey for me.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Oh wow, you got your wish, you found the best home for Joey, but at the expense of your heart. You knew this day would come, and Joey will be fine, you helped him beat the odds. On the bright side you will be able to give love to another deserving foster. You do such wonderful work, you will make another life better when you find your next "Joey".

1 - 20 of 43 Posts