Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still working through the issues of uploading pictures. It let me upload one so here it is. So far all is going well. He has taken to his crate like a dream. Last night we went to bed at 9pm and he was up at 1:30 out to pee and back to crate until 5:30. Absolutely no fussing last night at all! I stuffed a Kong with 4 or 5 pieces of puppy kibble and some plain yogurt and off to bed. He is doing very well with the potty training. Friday being his first day home he had two accidents on the kitchen floor which were totally our fault, we just could not get our shoes and coat on fast enough. Everytime we have brought him out we are calling it "do your business" and when he has completed his business we are having a big party outside! Last night he actually went to the back door (where we have been taking him out) and he scratched..... we didn't listen and he peed! I think we are on a good track with the potty training! We never thought he would understand that quick so the lesson is don't under estimate your brand new puppy, they are smarter than you think!
He is loving chewing everything! It's a good thing he is supervised and I can't imagine someone bringing home a new puppy and not supervising 100% of the time because WOW! he likes the legs of the chairs the chair upolstery, the rug and cabinets in the kitchen and the baseboard. Did I mention the little bugger likes Christmas ornaments as well! My bitter apple should arrive tomorrow and I look forward to it getting here!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
How adorable!! I just want to scoop him up and hug and kiss him. Must say, I love the mischievous look on his face. lol He's a 'keeper' but he can always come stay with me.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
What a little sweet pea. Beautiful face!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Awww...make sure you get Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray. Tucker loved to "other" stuff. R & K had me use it because Tucker was so mouthy. They sprayed it on their hands because he'd chew on them. LOL He didn't need it very long though. Plus, he was almost a year old when we got him.

I love seeing Wilson and Tess. I didn't get to see any photos of Tucker when he was a puppy. I guess the previous owner didn't send him with any or kept them. I also often wonder what his favorite toy was. I suspect stuffed animals!

I never realized how important photographs and history of the first year is. I wish you many wonderful years with your beautiful puppy!

I don't know if you saw this, but here is your precious boy...with an Angel watching over him.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awww...make sure you get Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray. Tucker loved to "other" stuff. R & K had me use it because Tucker was so mouthy. They sprayed it on their hands because he'd chew on them. LOL He didn't need it very long though. Plus, he was almost a year old when we got him.

I love seeing Wilson and Tess. I didn't get to see any photos of Tucker when he was a puppy. I guess the previous owner didn't send him with any or kept them. I also often wonder what his favorite toy was. I suspect stuffed animals!

I never realized how important photographs and history of the first year is. I wish you many wonderful years with your beautiful puppy!

I don't know if you saw this, but here is your precious boy...with an Angel watching over him.

I love this! It made me cry to see my Mitchell and my Wilson in the same photo! They are handsome boys. Thank you soooo much for this. How do we make it show up as my signature?
What happened with those people that they could not keep Tucker? Were they bad puppy parents or was it a situation circumstance? You can use our puppy pictures as he probably looked similar! LOL

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
Awe your puppy is so cute! Welcome!!!! ~ Kimm beautiful collage!!!!!!!!!!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I hope you have your seat belt fastened tightly. You are about to go on a ride of your life. Hold on tight and don't close your eyes, it will go sssooooo fast! ENJOY!
Wilson is adorable!!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
You are very welcome...You may want the photo to be smaller. If so, I can resize it. I don't use the photo gallery here, but do you have a photo hosting sight? If not, I can host it for you and adding it as a sig is very easy. I just need to know where it will be hosted.

I am thrilled to see the photos of Wilson and Tess because they have the same Dad! Tucker must have been a little fuzzmuffin like your babies. I remember taking Tucker and Shadow to R & K's to be groomed. They had a female pup there waiting to be picked up. She was just adorable! My heart melted.

There is something about a Golden that stays a pup "forever." A Golden can grow up and you never lose that feeling of being in awe with them. It's hard to describe, but you love them as much as you did the first time you laid eyes on them. At least for me and most of my friends anyway.

I think Tucker was too much for his previous family to handle. Tucker is a very smart boy and when he first came to live with us he really needed a full-time job! He didn't get much training while at the previous owner. We brought him to family basics and saw a "star" in the making. So did the trainers. So, he and Shadow attended CGC training and within 3 months of coming to live with us he had, they both had, their CGC certs. I really should have continued on with training and I didn't, but we do have fun every day. You'd smile if you read the contract R & K had me sign.

To this day I cannot figure out how he learned, "Belly!" I should have used the word, "Bang!" I say belly and he drops and rolls over. I guess I caught the action at just the right time and named it. Do not under estimate the intelligence of your new puppy. Within 3 days of having Shadow with us he knew all basic commands. Sounds impossible, but it's true. They are smart little pups!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! I love the seatbelt comment. It's fastened and the car has started! We went from Zero to 60 since the first time his little paws hit the floors here in the house!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wilson is adorable!! And Bailey says hello to her half-brother! ;) Glad to hear the first few days are going well. Can't wait to see more pix! :)

·
16,000 Posts
That face is so recognizable as a Mulder kid - Wilson is a doll! (And I do love my Mulder kid and grands...:)) You have much fun in your future!

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
I just played with a Mulder boy named Adobe yesterday. What a big, beautiful, playbowing, smileyface, prancing boy he was. In the standard for sure, but the upper end- a very gorgoeus 13 month old.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just played with a Mulder boy named Adobe yesterday. What a big, beautiful, playbowing, smileyface, prancing boy he was. In the standard for sure, but the upper end- a very gorgoeus 13 month old.
That's funny because Bailey is definitely on the lower end! I remember him talking about one of the boys being twice the size as the rest of the pups. I wonder if Adobe was that boy! :)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Mulder is Gilmours Grandpop. His graduation from the PuppyBoard is in 3 weeks, so I'll have some pictures up soon too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts