Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new here! We bring home our Golden baby next week. I am soooo excited!
We lost our precious 11 year old Golden boy in February. He ended up having his spleen removed because of a mass they were seeing on the ultrasound. It turned out the mass was a hemotoma caused from lymphoma that had spread. We received the diagnosis a week after his surgery. The next day he ended up passing away at home. We believe he either threw a blood clot or it was his heart as he was having several heart arrhythmias. It shattered me into a million pieces. It seemed to all happen so quick. He was only 11 years old and truly our baby. The only comfort I take out of it is that he passed peacefully at home and he did not go through any prolonged suffering from the cancer.

So...we were devastated after Dakota's passing and I couldn't even think of getting another dog. However, after a few months, I just could not take not having a dog anymore. So, we decided to bring another Golden baby into our lives. Once we found out we would be getting him, I actually started to feel not so depressed anymore, and now I just can't contain my excitement. Jaxson was born 5/23/16 and we will be picking him up next Friday (8 days!). Here is a picture of him when he was 2 days old, 2 weeks old, and at 5 weeks. I've never posted a pic here so I hope it works!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread! I meant to post in the May thready. I will copy and paste it there. Sorry...I'm a newbie

·
Zoinks!!! Ruh Roh Raggy!!
1,478 Posts
Congrats...I'm so excited for you with the new pup. My Dakota just turned 5 months today. He is my third golden and I have raised all three from puppyhood. I am still astonished at the growth rate. This is the first time I have really tracked it. He has gone from 8lbs at 8 weeks to 40lbs at 20 weeks. I hope you stick around and let us experience him vicariously.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I absolutely will! I just love Goldens and I'm the let's post a million pics to show him off type of mom. Lol!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh Jamm...I saw your Jaxson baby, he is so perfect!! And what a good name ;)

I also happened to be on Instagram this morning and saw a familiar looking baby golden with a Batman shirt. I thought, wait a minute...I've seen that picture. It was your baby! It was reposted by goldenretrieversworld. He's a star :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts