Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Jasmine joins forum!

365 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  OscarsDad 
#1 ·
After witnessing Jasmine (13 female) begin to struggle standing up due to rear leg weakness, I discovered this forum. We’re heading to see the Vet this week. After reading a few older posts on this topic I realize this could be a long process to determine the root cause. In summary, Jasmine has been a very healthy World traveler having been bred in Australia, sent to Singapore (to join our family In 07) and now resides SC, USA after our repatriation. Symptoms include very weak hind legs preventing (not always but a real struggle) her getting up from laying to standing position. Walks cautiously but very slowly. She remains on all four legs for only minutes if we are not walking. If walking she can last 10 minutes before needing to lay down. No pain medication yet, but was reading aspirin or Tramadol (is this same as I take for back spine pain) is worth a try for pain. Very seldom (less than 5-6 events) Jasmine experienced a strange head movement when laying on her side and sleeping. With her head remaining on the floor her head moves as if she is looking up and shakes uncontrollably. When I wake her up she is fine but only lasts a minute. Between this and leg weakness I know tests are required to determine source of symptoms.
Sorry for the long introduction. I am happy to join this GR forum and hope to receive any information members are willing to share of what’s ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.