Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
Winter roadwork. Snow bikes aka fat bikes are the way to go on frozen marshes. Dogs love it!

Attachments

Reactions: TrailDogs

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
George,
So once you have your cap on your truck, how are you going to outfit the interior of the bed? One set up I saw had a wire crate on top of a drawer with storage to the side. What are you thinking?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Buying a cap today. Will be ready in 2-3 weeks. Meanwhile, I should be building a false floor.
I saw your post on rtf and that dudes false floor is lame! Raise those draws up 3" and you can store your guns under there. You can also get rid of those 2x12s and replace with 1x4 both top and bottom of your draws. Then add rails with wheels to pull draws out with one finger.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Here lots of people build boxes with 2 drawers one for wingers one and the other drawer divided for other stuff. Crates on top with tie downs.
What size cab did you get?

·
Super Moderator
3,902 Posts
I got the Tacoma Double Cab with a 73" bed. I ordered ARE MX cap with windoors, tilt split window and rear window with double handles and roofrack. One rig that I saw in one of my clubs does have drawer slides as Poppy mentioned.

Important for the Toyota is the tow package that includes seperate transmission cooler. That is a must because if the transmission line is cooled through the radiator you risk a big problem. Google strawberry milkshake in Toyotas.

·
Super Moderator
3,902 Posts
I saw your post on rtf and that dudes false floor is lame! Raise those draws up 3" and you can store your guns under there. You can also get rid of those 2x12s and replace with 1x4 both top and bottom of your draws. Then add rails with wheels to pull draws out with one finger.
There are different designs. Perhaps his design suits his needs. It does look well thought out.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I got the Tacoma Double Cab with a 73" bed. I ordered ARE MX cap with windoors, tilt split window and rear window with double handles and roofrack. One rig that I saw in one of my clubs does have drawer slides as Poppy mentioned.

Important for the Toyota is the tow package that includes seperate transmission cooler. That is a must because if the transmission line is cooled through the radiator you risk a big problem. Google strawberry milkshake in Toyotas.
Good to know about the towing package.
We tend to keep our cars until they fall apart so I'm getting all the options this time around.

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
Riot got stretched out in class today. Holy cow! At 14 weeks he's way ahead of most of the other dogs! He marks perfectly. He doesn't get distracted by the decoys that were all over. He doesn't care that is 15 degrees and the wind is howling. He's so much fun to watch. Doesn't drop his bumpers, runs in straight lines, doesn't mind the cover. So hey 40-50 yard marks he's great on. I know he's a baby dog, but he's a thinker, and it's fun to watch the wheels turn in his little head. I hope I'm getting a lot of his training solid before he goes through his teenager stage. Then things can fall apart I know. But in the meantime this puppy boy has been just a dream to train.

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
Great weekend training. I've been helping my friend with the show lab. I had her run Lucy a few times to get used to how a dog to leave and return with a bumper. How to line a dog up and look at the spine. All the details. Lucy was very good for her and did everything as asked. I remember what it was like to not only have to figure out how to train a dog but also how to figure out what was needed to run a hunt test. Kind of hard to do the first time with your first dog. So hopefully running Lucy will help her understand what is needed. Lucy has always been an excellent marker. So the first few times this weekend I ran her dog to show her how to line her up, whistle, and handle her back at the line. Then she ran her own dog and I think understood what needed to happen. We did work some hold. She's doing a good job.

Had a great time with Riot. Oh my gosh he is awesome. Amazing what a top notch pedigree will do for you. It has been a joy to work with him. I'm very fortunate to have such a pup!

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Trying to get back into training with Molly. No hard stuff, just happy stuff. We did go back to our group for the first time since the day she fell apart, and I asked everyone to cheer for Molly. She LOVED it and it really perked her up.

Maise (she's Maisey but we call her Maise like the corn) is growing up. I can let her out of the car when we get home and not have to leash her up to get her in the house! She has run out onto the street before, zooming around like a crazy lunatic yelling "I'm free!" Thank goodness we live in a quiet area. She is also delivering to hand. FF is going well. She loves her small birds but I am embarrassed to admit I have not shown her a duck, dead or alive yet. Her mouth is still pretty small and even dokkens are too big for her. I'm going to go thaw one out one of these days. She's so much fun.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts