Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I cant believe that I am typing this it is one year ago today that Jade was almost lost to us with bloat, 10.30pm UK time to be precise.

Who would have thought that she would still be here one year on I even remember posting on an update that being realistic we probably didn't have to much longer, well she is doing great and since going on to Metacam (arthritis in spine) she has had a new lease of life and can once again run up and down the garden, all be it like a geriatric Bambi;) with Honey usually running along behind.
Jade only has one month and 5 days until her 11th birthday.

I just wanted to post a huge thank you to everyone that was there for me and Jade that night and the days/weeks that followed your good wishes thoughts and prayers got us through an unbearably awful time
and Jo Ellen and Daisy but for them I would not have known what was wrong.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
A geriatric Bambi...? lol. Bless her heart, it sounds like she's feeling wonderful!
Remember, if frisky Jade wants some company, I know where there's 11 Dane pups she could play with:p:

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
So pleased it all turned out like it did and who would Honey have to annoy :)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maribeth I think 11 puppies may well see her off its a wonder that Honey hasn't with her antics but they do get on so well. ohhhh what I would give to be in a puppy pile with them I do expect pics next time you go visit them.;)

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
So glad Jade is still doing so well. Her age is amazing for a dane. Can't wait to celebrate her next birthday!

"Geriatric Bambi" That made me laugh!

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Tracey & Jade, you are both so special to me, always, the only good thing that came of Daisy's bloat last winter. Both our girls are alive one year later ... we are so lucky.

I have a picture of Jade on my bulletin board here at work, I see her everyday...right next to Daisy :)

Geriatric Bambi LOL ... what I wouldn't give to see that :p:

·
Registered
367 Posts
YAY JADE! I remember it well Tracey and it only seems like yesterday we were all worrying and praying our hardest for you both. Reading your post got me a bit tearful just now, we're all so happy she's a tough old girl just like her mum hehehe. xxx

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So glad Jade is still doing so well. Her age is amazing for a dane. Can't wait to celebrate her next birthday!

"Geriatric Bambi" That made me laugh!
You and me both Lisa.
I read through all the posts from the original thread yesterday and the update everyone was amazing in their support I was in tears reading it, which is why I wanted to post today as a huge thank you 150 plus messages such a great forum.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
wow that was a year ago, Jade has done really well thanks to you. I think she deserves a special treat for being such a very brave girl

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Your "geriatric bambi" is quite a looker and it is so very wonderful you have her still.

Happy anniversary and stay healthy!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all, we take it one day at a time but I secretly think she is invincible.;)
Jo Ellen thanks for letting me ramble last night hugs to you and Daisy.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
They breed 'em tough over here, and Jade is absolute proof of that. Will you be celebrating by dancing around your handbag Tracey? If so we need proof.

Hugs to Jade (and Honey so she doesn't feel left out)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
cant believe it has been a year it seems alot less but I guess to you it has been a long year
heres hoping she has many many more years of bambi running left in her still
give her a big munch from me and Ruby and give Honey one too wouldnt want her feeling left out
and next time she feels the need to run around the garden, video it for us we would all love to see it

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jan would I do anything as frivolous as that.;)

I will try to get Jade on video,doing her geriatric Bambi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts