Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:no: :mad: :(

Believe it or not, in spite of the way she looks in the picture from above of her whole body, she has lost twenty pounds. Obviously, she needs to lose another twenty if not thirty. She's 95 (weighed her last night at Petsmart, the Banfield scale is public access). She was a lot more when I rescued her the first time. (120s).

She had no skin or coat issues. This is all from letting her get fleas! Ridiculous. If you can't trust a friend who has had titled dogs, then who can you trust? Sigh. She now has no fleas. Capstar and Advantix. All my dogs are flea free already, and on prevention. She's clean and on antibiotics and Benedryl and of course the best food money can buy.

The red lump thing- what is that? It's not where she can chew it, so I worry. We go on Friday. I just hope she can enjoy life for even a short time. Also will ask about her limp and the mammary tumors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh Jenna...bless her heart.:no: Thank heavens she has you, to get rid of the fleas, and care for her. I so hope the Vet will be able to get her feeling better soon. She had to be miserable with all the flea bites on her. I so hope the lumps will turn out to be just one of the many benign lumps this wonderful breed seems to get as they age. She IS beautiful!! I only wish they had taken better care of her, and if they weren't able to, brought her back to you sooner. I will be thinking of you both on Friday, and hoping for a good update on her Vet visit.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'm so upset over this, but making the best of it.

I'm definitely a retired foster. No more room- the inn is full. And I can't deal with this type of situation.

That said, I need to concentrate on the many (vast majority) of truly happy endings.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Does that mean Ivy isn't going anywhere again??

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know. If she's sick, she's certainly staying. Right this minute, you'd have to kill me to take her away from me.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
OMG Jenna! That poor sweet baby. I can't even imagine how YOU are feeling because I am feeling indescribable feelings seeing that poor girl!

I pray the vet and you can get her feeling better fast. Prayers for sweet Ivy coming from us.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Oh my..Jenna...poor Ivy. thank goodness she has you. Im so sorry that this happened to her....please let us know what the vet says. xxoo

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Poor girl. That really looks like it hurts with all the bumps and redness. The bump that she has looks exactly like Beau's that I was getting ready to remove from him when he went downhill. It started out as a cebacious cyst that burst. I know with your love and good care she will make a full recovery and slender.
She is still beautiful and her face is so sweet. Kind of reminds me of Beau with her coloring and sugar sprinkled all over her face. Please give her a big kiss from me.
Will say a little prayer that she is going to be ok.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh poor girl. Goldens should have the easy life, tennis balls & lots of love. At least she has you back again. Bless you for taking her back in.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Could the red sores on her back be an irritation from being shaved?? If she reacted so badly to the fleas, maybe her skin is very sensitive.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No that was there when I got her back. I shaved her down (part way) to give her some relief and allow the skin to breathe. Plus, she looked absolutely hideous with huge bald spots mixed in with long, patchy coat. Poor baby :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
What a beautiful girl! Thankfully she will get past this with love and good care. Dogs do live in the moment and she'll know she's safe now.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Those Photo's made me want to cry poor Ivy what person would let a dog get like that.
I do hope you keep Ivy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Poor girl. That really looks like it hurts with all the bumps and redness. The bump that she has looks exactly like Beau's that I was getting ready to remove from him when he went downhill. It started out as a cebacious cyst that burst. I know with your love and good care she will make a full recovery and slender.
She is still beautiful and her face is so sweet. Kind of reminds me of Beau with her coloring and sugar sprinkled all over her face. Please give her a big kiss from me.
Will say a little prayer that she is going to be ok.
Carol,

Is there something to be said for the cebacious cyst? Mitchell had two burst and then he passed with in 6 weeks. Our vet never recommened to have them removed and it almost seems as though they should be and seem to be a sign of something else.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts