Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Lucy has been very sick for the passed week and a half, and I've never felt so depressed in my life. I took her to the vet a week ago because she wasent eating and was looking a bit too skinny... My poor baby has pancreitis and she has lost almost 10 pounds now. He took away her normal water intake and she has been taking medication and I hate it so much because the medication is making her very tired, she's practically another dog, she has no energy and all she wants to do is be next to me which is fine thats my baby but I just wish she was back to her old self. Also, since yesterday she's barely able to open her eyes either :( I feel like my baby isnt going to get better, I dont know what to do, the vet said it was because of something she ate... Please keep Lucy in your prayers, thank you. Here's a pic of her under my covers where she loves to be. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I'm desperate at the moment I want my Lucy back, she's my life. :'(

Attachments

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
I am so sorry that your baby is sick. Erin has had this twice, once from eating Coyote poop and once from eating catfood. She was very sick too but was getting better after 72 hours. Is Lucy on antibiotics? We had to give Erin I/D food (hate that stuff!!) for a month. Once she has had this, she is more likely to get it again, so you are going to have to be very careful she doesn't get into stuff. I gave Erin IV fluids and that helped alot. Hope she's better soon!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the advice! Lucy is also on i/d food as well I hate it too, but thats what the vet is giving her so I have no other choice. She is on anti biotics but I hate them so much I wish she wouldnt have to take so much, shes getting really skinny and I just want her back to her normal hyper self. :(

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
Do you have any idea what she got into ?

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
I should have said sub q fluids, which are very easy to give. I think they added some Vit B too. It really perked her up!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know now that you mentioned the cat food, I think it might of been that because thats the only thing that comes to mind and this bone that I did give her about two weeks ago. :/ I had a bad feeling about that bone and still gave it to her, but that'll never happen again shes never having that again.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know Lucy is your heart and soul. You and Lucy will be in our thoughts and prayers and I hope you see some improvement soon.

Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear Lucy is sick. It's just heartbreaking to watch them when they're sick. I hope her recovery is speedy.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your Lucy. Poor Lucy and poor you!
I don't mean to worry you more, but is your vet sure that it's *only* pancreatitis? You mention a bone you gave her. What kind of bone? Is it possible she has swallowed part of it and it's lodged somewhere? That would cause symptoms almost identical to the pancreatitis. Does your vet know about the bone?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Sending good thoughts to you and Lucy! I know what it is like to worry about your baby. No advice, just hugs!

Ann

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
I has been obvious to me how very much you love your dog and how very much she means to you. I hope she gets better very soon. Don't be afraid to be as forceful as you feel you need to be with your vet. If you have any concerns with your vets care or doubts, second opinions can't hurt. I hope she starts improving very soon. I am so sorry to hear that she is so sick. :(

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Prayers for you and Lucy.
I would get a second opinion, I would think after one week she would show some kind of improvement.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Oh hon, I am so heartsick to hear this about your Lucy. I know how much she means to you. I'm very worried for the two of you, you should both be out having the time of your lives together. Lucy is in her prime, she SHOULD be her normal hyperactive self. Makes me want to cry knowing how awful this must be for you.

I haven't had any personal experience with pancreatitis but I have heard that it takes awhile to recover -- that certainly was the case with my friend's golden, it took many weeks.

Lots of prayers from me. Please give us updates until Lucy is better ... now I'm worrying.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Prayers for sweet Lucy and you and hope she starts feeling better fast. I know how terrifying it is when our loved ones are sick. It feels so powerless.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts