Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This has been the worst week and a half. My hubby of nearly 12 years has left me. No reason why. We have always been such a rock solid couple and have loved each other unconditionally. He suddenly stopped coming home from work about a week and a half ago. He wouldn't answer my calls or texts. He finally told me he needed time and space to get his head on straight. I have no idea what triggered this. I know that his job has been INCREDIBLY stressful lately. He works for a state run psychiatric hospital and the state is trying to close it down, so he could be laid off, but we don't know. He came home today and got some more of his clothes and took our bedroom TV. I can't stop crying. I don't even understand why he doesn't want me anymore. He is my world, my rock, my best friend. We have never even been apart in 12 years. I have barely eaten or slept in almost 2 weeks. I am so lonely. I work from home, so I'm alone in this house all the time. He doesn't come home anymore. I never in my wildest dreams thought we would ever be going through this. He has NEVER done anything even remotely like this before. He has always treated me like gold and always told me multiple times a day how much he loves me. It's like a switch flipped and he's turned into someone I don't even know. I guess he's staying with a coworker or something. He wouldn't tell me where he was staying. I have no way to even contact him because he gave me his cell phone and told me he would be getting a new one. I can barely even function and the dogs have no clue what's going on. In 12 years, I have never even thought about being with anyone else. I only want him. :(

Jen (Mssjnnfer) has kept me sane through this entire thing and has stayed on the phone all night into the early hours of the morning and is trying to find a way to come up here to be with me through this time.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Ouch. So sorry for your situation right now. Having gone through a similar situation years ago I can understand pain you are feeling now. Hang tough and look forward.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I too have walked a similar road in the past and know how much it hurts. Please take care of yourself and focus on eating/sleeping, take the dogs for a walk, get out of the house even if it's just for a few minutes, etc. I don't know if you're like me, but when I walked that road I thought about the situation all the time in the beginning - even short periods of distraction are good right now. Lots of hugs and kind thoughts coming your way!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Oh Jo, I am so very sorry. It is so hard when you feel so powerless and can't get any answers. Please take care of yourself and get some therapy.. it will help. So glad you have Jen and your pups. Hugs.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I have nothing to say but I'm sorry this is happening and I hope that you and your husband can work things out with each other.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this :( :(

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I am so sorry. I am in Maine, slightly South, if I can help....

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Valerie
789 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this =( my heart hurts for you. Hang in there and remember there is always a reason behind everything.

Hugs are good thoughts are going out to you.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
How can any of us help you?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How can any of us help you?
Oh, I wish I knew. I'm just so in shock and numb right now. I can't stop crying and I miss him so, so much and just want to know why he suddenly left me after 12 years of such a strong, happy relationship. I hate being in this house all alone. :(

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am so very sorry you are going through this. My ex-husband walked out on me 13 years ago. I had a 4 month old and a 4 year old. He never really explained why either. Hopefully, you'll be able to communicate with your husband at some point soon to get some answers and figure out what he is thinking. You deserve that. Maybe he'll go to counseling with you and you can work things out. Regardless, you will be okay. I am in Maine, too. I'm not sure what help I can be but I will try:).

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh Jo I'm so very sorry. Prayers and warm thoughts coming your way.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I am sooooo soooo sorry, I cannot even imagine what you are going through... I don't even know what to say. I wish I could help...

Reactions: Ljilly28

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry and I cannot imagine what you are going through. We are all here to support you with whatever you may need.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I am so sorry - it has to be really hard with him leaving, but especially hard with not knowing why.

I am so so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 20 of 413 Posts