Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,374 Posts
My goals are

For Casey, perhaps some of the optional titles but mostly keep him happy and fit as he enters his 10th year

For Fealan:
JH title
CDX title
Agility Novice and Open titles

For Towhee
A litter of healthy, happy and high potential pups - performance and conformation
Agility Novice titles (she's almost ready)
CD (she's almost ready) and perhaps optional titling classes
RN
CCA

A few of my goals shifted last year but I am happy with the progress we have made and the happy working attitudes of all of my dogs. May 2011 continue to be successful :)
I missed a few goals but met more for this past year.

Casey is healthy and happy, He regularly attends agility class and goes on our round abouts while training, he hikes most days and moves freely and joyously :)

Faelan earned his NAP, CDX and GN titles, he probably could have earned his OAP title if I had not overscheduled him this past weekend and decided to concentrate on the Grad Novice. He earned 2 JH legs and tried very hard at a few other tests - he may go back out next year.

Alas, Towhee was not a mom this year. But she did earn her RN title, and is entered in a few Novice trials for early next year. There were no CCA events close enough this year, so this goal will be shifted to next year. Due to a few things, Towhee has missed a lot of agility training this past year and hated the flooring at the Cluster so I choose not to stress her and make her run - honestly, she will happily roll in the most noxious things but she kept looking at her paws in disgust and shaking them. Kind of funny since she has an expressive face, but she did not earn her Novice Agility titles.

Faelan and JWW - well I need to teach him either distance or slow him down some (not), He will add the JWW titles in rapid order I think, once he can run that fast and still 1) keep bars up and 2) process my cues in a timely fashion LOL

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
How did I miss this thread until now.. oh yeah right.. I would have been in CA.. taking care of one of my dream goals for 2010..
Okay for this year .. maybe a repeat of last year. I would like to stay in the top 25 maybe take a trip to Florida this year. ..
Seriously, I would like to keep Titan healthy this year. I would like to maintain his enthusium for showing....and I would like to continue to show well.
Okay as of last weekend when I ran the top 25 Titan was hanging tough at #9 all breed. We did receive our invite to Florida and plan to go. Titan even got a few extra titles along the way this year. More UDX's, new Versatility title, new Tracking title and we reached our lifetime OTCH point goal.. Still out there searching for the next puppy though....

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
. We did receive our invite to Florida and plan to go.
What she meant to say was she most certainly WILL be there!

Reactions: Titan1

·
where the tails wag
13,374 Posts
Still out there searching for the next puppy though....
Your perfect puppy will find you, have no doubts about that!!

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
1. Run JH tests in the spring and pick up some legs (title would be ideal)
2. Have a dog that can do basic handling in preparation for SH
3. Be trained in all obedience exercises through Utility, though not necessarily 'refined.'
4. It has been really hard to say this, but I think in the long run it will be best to wait. No dog shows excluding hunt tests for pretty much the entire year. If she settles (and/or matures for conformation) I may show her at the end of the year or heck, maybe earlier. But--I think have too much of a handful to count on that. Very good chance I may not show her in obedience now until she's 3! But again, I think waiting until she's settled and more mature will probably pay off in the long run and hopefully our obedience journey from CD to UD will be swift and fun
5. If/when her hips clear I will look at possibly taking an agility class. I may put this off for another year--I do not want to bite off more than I can chew ;) Doubt I'd show her in agility next year even if I took classes. But, ya never know....
1. Well I think I did alright. We got our first JH leg late spring/early summer but missed all the other tests. That's ok though, because we won't be running Senior next year anyway.

2. Almost there for land blinds. We are in transition training now.

3. She's been introduced to all exercises but I am learning to slow down and focus on quality and with instruction rather than just getting the behavior and training alone.

4. We really didn't do any shows this year. No more conformation...

5. Yay hips cleared! No agility as I am just too darn busy otherwise. Maybe as I get myself more proficient or we get titles elsewhere when she is older....no plans anytime soon.

·
Kate
21,494 Posts
Fair enough... I understand it couldn't have been an easy decision.

But field and obedience are more fun for her anyway, right? :)

·
where the tails wag
13,374 Posts
Okay as of last weekend when I ran the top 25 Titan was hanging tough at #9 all breed. We did receive our invite to Florida and plan to go. Titan even got a few extra titles along the way this year. More UDX's, new Versatility title, new Tracking title and we reached our lifetime OTCH point goal.. Still out there searching for the next puppy though....
Michelle,

I think you met your goals with Titan for 2011 - Congratulations big time :)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts