Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boomer was in good shape this morning, ambulating well even without his Rimadyl which I stopped in order to give him his Prednisone for a persistent hotspot.

I spent some extra time before work rubbing his tummy and thanking him for being the man of the house and being our little sentry who sleeps in the exact middle of the house every night on guard duty.

I asked him what he wants for his birthday and he said a vacation from Gladys :p:

He will get that while I'm at work and she has to stay in "her office".

Here is a pic of Boomer bobbing for hotdogs in 2002 when he was 2 years old:

I don't know where the time has gone. Wish I could buy more.

ETA: At bobbing for hotdogs, some of the other dogs were too shy to stick their heads in the bucket; their owners had to pick the hotdogs out and feed them!
Not Boomer - he ate all his hotdogs then barged over to the other buckets and tried to eat theirs too.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Happy Birthday you big beautiful BOOMER :) Hope you get extra special treats .. (sending good thoughts for steak hmmmmmm)

Reactions: boomers_dawn

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Happy 12th birthday, Boomer! Here is to many more! Have a great day!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Happy 12th birthday Boomer!!!! Hope you are getting extra spoiled today........

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Happy Birthday Boomer! Love your name, your colour and your attitude toward food. :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
HAppy birthday!! I love the bobbing for hot dogs idea!

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
Happy birthday one day late!! But with no reduced love and best wishes for many more!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Happy Barkday Boomer!!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boomer celebrated his big day by spending the day home with his cone on while Gladys stayed in "her office". In the morning and evening, we had extra belly rubs, hugs, treats, brushing, and were all crashed out in bed from all that partying by 10pm! (in other words, a normal day).

Thank you all for helping me celebrate the big day. I hope we can do it all again next year :)

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am glad Boomer had a good birthday! Were the hotdogs in water? I'll have to try that......(um, the dog, not me!).

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
:greenboun:greenboun:greenbounHAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOMER!!!!!!:--happy::--happy::--happy: Awesome story about the hotdogs!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your special day!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts