Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know it's been a few months since I've been on - I've been extremely busy....which is a good thing I guess! I've been very busy with my photography endeavor as well as coaching ice hockey here in New York.

Anyway, Jackson is now 15 months old and for the most part is doing great! He has his moments, usually at around 8pm every night, where he gets that spurt of energy (horns coming out through his head!) and becomes mischievous for about an hour. But usually this can be diverted with a good chew toy - all in all he's a great puppy.

We've been going up to the school almost nightly and walking around the track together off the leash - I am truly amazed at how well he stays right by our side while we walk the track. He will get 20 feet ahead and knows that is his limit - after all, he has no reason to leave his pack.

We've even been leaving him out of his crate during the day for the last month or so and, knock on wood, so far so good!

Here is a photo I took yesterday - he had just spotted a squirrel and was in "stalk mode" :bowl:

Attachments

·
Mavsmumontario
15 Posts
Hi This is Karen from Orangeville, Ontario.
What a beautiful Dog Jackson is!! Thanks for sharing his recent picture.
Our new puppy was born on October 22nd. We pick him up on Christmas Eve.
Can't wait!!
Kind Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
He is stunning! Goldens are Great, aren't they? Neither of mine will take off, they have to keep me in sight all the time. That is one thing I love about them. Thanks for sharing, you took a beautiful picture! K

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is stunning! Goldens are Great, aren't they? Neither of mine will take off, they have to keep me in sight all the time. That is one thing I love about them. Thanks for sharing, you took a beautiful picture! K
Oh yeah, gotta love the companionship. Although I think we made a mistake in naming him - we should have named him "Velcro" :D:D:D

He even looks to come inside if you aren't out in the yard with him. He will come to the back door as if he wants to come in, and when you open the door, he runs out into the yard like "Hey come on out and play" lol. He is great.

Now he and I are saying bring on the snow! :curtain:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi This is Karen from Orangeville, Ontario.
What a beautiful Dog Jackson is!! Thanks for sharing his recent picture.
Our new puppy was born on October 22nd. We pick him up on Christmas Eve.
Can't wait!!
Kind Regards,
Karen
Oh thanks, happy to share with everyone - I bet you've been counting down the days for quite some time!

Best of luck with your new addition. Boy? Girl? Do you have a name picked out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts