Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from our breeder this morning with some pictures of Tucker's older half-sister, Honey, who is due to have a litter in the next week or two! We have first pick of the litter and we're getting another male. (I guess it pays to become good friends with your breeder! :D) I'm super excited about the blood lines of this litter. Both the sire's and dam's blood lines are loaded with CH titles. We're still trying to settle on a name! I just hope this pup will be as easy as Tucker was as far as housebreaking, and I can't wait to smell puppy breath again!

Here are some pictures of Honey that the breeder just sent me. She has gotten to be the size of a truck over the past few weeks! :bowl:

...and here's dad!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Congratulations on the impending arrival. Looking forward to some pictures.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We definitely love Jesse's (the dad) bear-like appearance. He actually looks a lot like Tucker's father, who was from the same kennel as Jesse, but is now retired from breeding. Since Tucker is a medium golden, this time we're probably going to go for a bit of a lighter, more blonde pup. It's getting down to the time where the litter is due within the next 1-2 weeks and the breeder just got the whelping box all ready for Honey, so it's pretty exciting waiting!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love the daddy. The male dogs have such a different face from the females. Not better just very different. Kinda square and so handsome.

We certainly learn patience from the process. Finding a breeder, waiting for the puppies to be born, getting them home and then finally...they come home. So fun!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Congratulations on your new puppy! I am waiting for a possible pup that will arrive in the next few days too. It's such a fun, anxious feeling!!! Wishing your litter a safe, healthy delivery.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
How cool. I hope us Mainers can get together sometime so I can meet your crew.
Everyone would be so welcome at our little lake cottage in Damariscotta Newcastle to swim or in Falmouth!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone would be so welcome at our little lake cottage in Damariscotta Newcastle to swim or in Falmouth!
That sounds so inviting! We'll definitely have to plan something! I have an aunt and uncle who live in Falmouth!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts