Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've contacted a breeder who I think will be a great fit for us.

She is planning a littler for April, which means I can pick up puppy in late July/early August which is perfect timing for me!

We're getting married in June so I wanted to wait until after all that hubbub is over and done with.

So yeah! I'm to contact her again in the spring and we'll talk some more and arrange a visit!

:--heart:

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ninde

Ninde

Very happy for you!!

Reactions: Ninde'Gold

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Make sure you have all clearances...I didn't and am paying for it now. You have plenty of time to check out both parents. I will do that next time...

Good Luck! They are such great companions and friends....

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,074 Posts
Well that's exciting news!!!!

I'm looking for a new addition for that time period as well. Have my eye on a few breeders but have to wait to see if they have a litter at that time.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done A LOT of research! Tucker came from a BYB (my first dog EVER, didn't know better) and he had a heart murmur and other issues. He was sick for like the first 3 months I had him!

The breeder provided all her K9 Data listings of each dog, and the certificates for eyes, heart, elbows, and hips. They're also very involved in the show ring.

She seems like a really nice lady from her e-mails, I'm looking forward to meeting her and her Golden family :)

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Congratulations--you'll have to share the litter parents once you get eveything solidified!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I'm jealous! I used to say I'd NEVER want another puppy, but ugh, I've been wanting one for a while now. It is in no way feasible - I can hardly afford to clothe myself, lol - but it's nice to dream! Good luck! :) :)

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!!

I've wanted another Golden for quite some time but felt I should wait till life settles down and I wanted to wait until our dogs were older.

The breeder is called Fort Knox Goldens. This is their website. Fort Knox Golden Retrievers

The site hasn't been updated much but she was very informative in her emails. One of her new young boys is sired by the #1 Golden in Canada in 2009.

I also heard good things from a few members on here. I believe Arcane was one of the other breeders who said they have nice puppies.

So yeah.. so excited! I hope she'll have a great litter planned for the spring!

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Terrific! Kathleen and David are nice people with lovely dogs. There is a very sweet Fort Knox puppy in my show handling class right now.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a picture of a couple of puppies from the litter she is sending home in January:

The size difference between these pups and Tucker at that age is astonishing haha. They just look like fluffy bears!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can someone help me with K9 Data?

Kathleen e-mailed me and said her next breeding is of Diesel and Mai-Tai but neither dog seems to be on her website and I can't find them on K9 Data...

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
The puppies

Those puppies are so adorable!!!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's him!! Wow! Handsome boy he is!

See, I looked and looked and I couldn't find either dog... this is why I need GRF haha.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ninde

Can't find Mai Tai, though.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
If the dam is Fortknox Lick Her Control, she has an OFA hip clearance(Good), but no OFA elbow or heart clearance or CERF eye clearance. Her sire is on OFA, but her dam is not.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Just put her hip clearance on k9data.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She isn't breeding them until February, and said she doesn't breed without all the clearances so I have faith that they will be there, and if not on the website she'd have the info on hand.

I'm going in April to visit, so excited!

Hubby and I already have a name picked out :uhoh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts