Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am looking to bring home a female golden retriever puppy. I have a house with 1 acre of land in Central New York and am looking for a reliable breeder. Please share any useful information that you have! I am willing to drive to some other states in the New England Area.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a difficult time to be finding a puppy as breeders are getting huge amounts of inquiries. What is your timeframe? If you're looking into next year you may have better success. Try typing New England breeders in the search box and contacting any Golden Retriever clubs to see if they have referrals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I didn't even think about it being a high demand time but I have realized that on my search so far. I was hoping to get one soon but I am willing to wait to get the right one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you! I didn't even think about it being a high demand time but I have realized that on my search so far. I was hoping to get one soon but I am willing to wait to get the right one.
If you're not already on a waiting list with a hobby/preservation breeder, I'm thinkin' your options may be very limited.

We were able to find a female golden that met our criteria (brought her home in April), but ended up going with a commercial breeder. We didn't really realize that we had made that choice (i.e., "commercial" over "hobby" or "preservation"), but it seems to have worked out.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts