Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, I SWEAR..... Tuck has been blowing coat for almost 2 weeks now.... Now, that said, Here in NC, our weather has been up and down several times. We had a warm fall, and only a few " cold" days. At the Dog Park it's still warm enough late afternoon that the dogs are romping in the swimming pools! I guess I am just not used to a coat blow this late in the season.... Anyone else? Is your baby blowing coat?? UGH. Nothing like a little dog hair in the Holiday Baking! lol....:yuck:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Thankfully, my girl has only blown her coat a couple of times in her life - but it's never had anything to do with weather!! Last year, she blew her coat in the late fall... just as it was starting to get cold here. :doh: I was just crossing my fingers that her little bony butt would regenerate her undercoat in time for the snow. (It did).

She sort of half-heartedly blew her coat about a month ago, too. I would say, it was about 2/3 gone, and then she stopped. Very odd.

Reactions: Tuckers Mom

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
yep....TIMES THREE! Im a sweeping/swiffing fool!

Reactions: Tuckers Mom

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tundra doesn't have a very heavy coat at all, but he's been shedding like crazy for a month! Noticed he'd started shedding about a month ago just when it was time to go to the groomers. And it's time to go again on Monday and I'm still getting a lot of fur off of him. I usually brush him every few days and generally he doesn't shed a whole lot....but right now he his!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Same here--shedding like crazy, and when the Maya goes through her daily zoomies routine, it flys through the air and lands on every surface. Before prepping any food in the kitchen, I have to check the counter for dog hair--now thankful I went with black granite countertops--easy to see the blonde hair!

·
Registered
100 Posts
LOL - I was just going to ask this same question! Darby is losing her hair like crazy right now~! I am COVERED with hair. I thought it a little odd that she is starting to shed so bad right when the weather here is getting into the 30's...although she really does not spend much time outside.

OK - I have to ask, is "blowing coat" the same as shedding or is it something different?

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think " blowing coat" is a complete shedding masacre compared to shedding! :) My Tucker under normal circumstances doesnt shed too bad at all, and then WHAM! he is a complete moulting mess, chunks and clumps of hair breeze off of him in the wind.... Lots of dogs around our part of the world are shedding really bad right now.... I guess I am just surprised as last year he was in full coat at Christmas. Hope his hair comes back in quickly, we are going to be in the 40's here the next few days!

·
DaisyDukeG
1 Posts
miss daisy duke is apparently blowing coat right now! we have had her for almost 7 years and this is the worst i have ever seen her shed! we vacuum and sweep the floors daily, brush her sometimes more than once a day, and i cant believe it is still coming out in clumps and blowing away in the wind! we hate it, but we love her to death and could never ask for a better girl!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sam blew his in the spring, which to me always seems right somehow? Joe is just starting now and will go on for a while. Sam's coat is very light compared to Joe whose just falls and seems to jump out in big chunks. As I look him now lying at my feet I can see another few lumps making their way out :). When I brush his belly it is just full of lumps and bumps - all fur thank goodness!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts