·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
$24 is a little on the high side. Check out the IOD website for a local distributor and if you purchase enough products a VIP membership may pay for itself.

Robert

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't think IOD is a concentrate so I doubt if they would suggest diluting the product. Of course, their goal being to sell more product :) That being said, I always dilute any shampoo upon applying to distribute it throughout the coat. IOD does recommend letting the shampoo sit in the coat for 2-5 minutes (my rep said up to 10 minutes) and I have found that it is worth the extra effort.

From the directions on the IOD bottle:

Wet hair thoroughley, apply shampoo, lather and rinse to remove dirt excessive oils. For optimum results apply shampoo again, lather, and let sit in coat for 2-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Condition if desired (with formula no. 50 or 51), then dry.

IOD does make a less expensive "groomers shampoo", although I've not used it I do know of several people who do their "first bath" with that to save a few $$ and use the No 20 for a "finish bath".

HTH,

Robert

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Can IOD be diluted? or is it only used "full strength" straight from the bottle?
I do dilute my IOD shampoos - I actually dilute all shampoos that I use on my dogs. But that is my preference based on the method I use - I don't usually "wet" the dog before applying the shampoo. That way I know where I got shampoo and how much I got there. So I dilute shampoos 1:10 or so - depending on consistency of the shampoo...

Erica

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have been using IOD products for years on the dogs I am currently showing and yes, they are pricey and no-do not dilute them. They rinse well and do a great job on the coats. I really love the Rolly Jelly shampoo!! I buy it by the gallon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts