Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isabelle was a dog, more or less. And I shall never see her like again.
Esquire's Love Me Forever - "Isabelle." 7/10/2010-9/27/2021

Isabelle was a complicated life. In my mind she was the reincarnated soul of a marine rescue dog named Chelsea. This time around was difficult for her. Far from being a show dog, she was our puppy mill rescue, who suffered from bilateral hip dysplasia and bilateral elbow dysplasia. Her whole life was pain. But she never complained, was always stoic, and was the finest, gentlest, most beautiful soul in the house, and she was the matriarch of the family.

I'm missing her very badly today. I like to think she is finally able to move on.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Terrestrial animal

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Ear Companion dog

Hair Dog Hat Cap Carnivore

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Sweet girl. I'm sorry for your heartache. May she be running in heaven free of pain and full of joy.

I love the mud photo. She looks like she had a kind heart and spirit. I'm glad you have such a wonderful painting of her.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. The pictures show you gave her a very happy life despite the pain she lived with.

Reactions: DanaRuns

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Oh, sweetie, you gave her ALL she could have hoped for, in a home. You saved her life. And she gave you the passion to fight against the puppy factories that don't care even a little bit about the puppies they crank out without even a thought about the pain those puppies live with.
(((hugs)))

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I am so sorry Isabella's time to leave you came. It does not matter whether they are champions or pets, losing them hurts all the same. You clearly gave her a wonderful life, full of love and caring. She could not have come back to a better home. My condolences on your loss.

·
Noreaster
2,247 Posts
I’m so sorry. Sometimes there are dogs who just march deep into our souls and stay there and it’s usually the ones who do need extra everything. My Aussie was a reactive mess to most people and she only loved me and my husband and feared every other human…and I still miss her every.single.day. And it’s been six years next week.

Your girl sounds very, very special in all of the best ways. I’m so sorry she had to leave you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts