Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woody' pretty good about leaving me some space...you just have to make sure you get your share of the blankets before he hops aboard ;)

If I get up during the night, well, you know, to take care of business, when I return there's old Woody right in my spot..."just keeping it warm for ya dad".

How can ya help but love em'. :)

Pete

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Moose is the same way! When me and my bf are in bed he has to take all my leg room and leaves all the space for Kyle. I'm the one curled up in the ball. In the mornings when Kyle gets up for work, Moose will steal his spot so we can snuggle. I swear he thinks he is smaller then he is because he will lay between us with his head on the pillow, and he always seems to have more of my pillow! lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Lola is not allowed on chairs- sofas or beds. She does not even consider getting up on furniture now. I have to admit that the first day we had her in our home( we adopted her at 11 months) the first thing she did was run down the hall and jump up on the bed! :)So I think her first home had a different rule in their house!.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lola is not allowed on chairs- sofas or beds. She does not even consider getting up on furniture now. I have to admit that the first day we had her in our home( we adopted her at 11 months) the first thing she did was run down the hall and jump up on the bed! :)So I think her first home had a different rule in their house!.

Awww...how can you keep her off the bed...when she comes and rests her head on the edge of the bed and looks at ya with those deep brown eyes...how can you possibly resist that? ;)

Just kidding...everyone has their own rules. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jenni and Caesar usually hung out on the floor or in my lap. They both had their crates for the first year, after that they had beds on the floor next to my bed. (Jenni's is still there, I don't know when I will move it, hurts to much)

Every now and then they would come up on the bed with my wife and I. We never stopped them from doing so. As far as the furniture; when we were gone they would get up on it, but jump down when they heard us coming. I would walk in and feel the warmth from them, they would hang their heads... It was pretty funny

I loved it when they came up on the bed. They were warm, cozy, and I got some of the most wonderful Golden kisses ever.

Pat

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Awww...how can you keep her off the bed...when she comes and rests her head on the edge of the bed and looks at ya with those deep brown eyes...how can you possibly resist that? ;)

Just kidding...everyone has their own rules. :)

There just is not any room in our queen sized bed for a 70 pound dog and the two of US! I also grew up in a home where that was not allowed and I think it kind of is instilled in my brain that is a no no. I know most people sleep with their dogs.... and I think it is wonderful and sweet.:)

·
Destroyer of Toys
101 Posts
Moose is the same way! When me and my bf are in bed he has to take all my leg room and leaves all the space for Kyle. I'm the one curled up in the ball. In the mornings when Kyle gets up for work, Moose will steal his spot so we can snuggle. I swear he thinks he is smaller then he is because he will lay between us with his head on the pillow, and he always seems to have more of my pillow! lol
My dog Louie is exactly the same way! Some mornings when he hops into bed, he "gives me the butt". Meaning he acts like he's going to sit on my head before finding a comfy place.

Some nights I have woken up to him actually kicking me out of his way to take over the bed.... :(

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Honey loves to snuggle by our legs and lay partially on one of our legs. Works ok until the cat (19#) lays on the other leg of the lucky person...then one of us wakes up feeling like a mummy.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Just so you're not feeling alone, none of our dogs have been allowed on the furniture or beds either. :wave:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
BaWaaJige will lay on the bed for 10minutes tops he gets too hot. He has such thick fur he wants to be where it is cooler. I love having him on the bed and sometimes I will try to get him to come up on the bed in the middle of the night.

Vendetta sleeps on the bed and if it is chilly she is under the covers as she gets cold. We share a pillow and I love it.

In the mornings Jige will come up on the bed and push his nose under my neck and snuff to get me up. I wake up with a smile every morning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Packer and Lambeau are not allowed on furniture either. On the back of our couch we have some 'special' stuffed animals (last gifts to relatives in hospitals) and they would always go after them. So now they no those stuffed animals are not for them and neither are the couches or beds.

·
and Luvtazz too
509 Posts
OMG...I loved the post "sleeping with pets". Buzz starts out at my feet, all curled up. By morning, I am in a tiny ball on the very edge of the bed with no blankets. He is stretched out in the center with a mound of covers. I sometimes wonder who is the leader of the household.

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Just saw this on FB and knew I had to share here! LOL!

Hahahaha I laughed so hard when I saw this! The last picture is how Moose and I sleep. Too cute!

Moose wasn't suppose to be on the couch and chairs either.. but I clearly never won that battle. We have blankets all over everything just to keep up with the hair. Me and my boyfriend are currently sharing a double bed.. and sharing that with what we think is a 60 pound dog who is litterally almost the size of me (we were laying in bed this morning and he was stretched, out heads at the same spot and he was down to my knees.. and I'm 5'7!) isn't fun lol. Once we were in bed and I had some cookies on my bedside table, and Moose litterally sat on my head and ate my cookies. He must of known about my diet and didn't think I should be eating cookies in bed!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Is your pup a bed hog? In the worst way and this from a dog that was taught not to go on furniture by his previous owner and was afraid of getting on the bed when I first brought him home. :)

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Oh yeah... We have bed hogs.....
My hubby refused to have dogs on the bed until a couple years ago. His german shorthaired pointer is a big scarety cat!!! She shakes and cries over any little noise or change...he started feeling so bad for her that she now sleeps under the covers with her head on his :eek:pillow...:confused:
Soooooo now that Didge is here, hubby said that wouldn't be fair to let Kelly sleep on the bed if he couldn't... ;);) he ends up between us or over our legs...

We are most certainly going to have to get a king size bed......

·
Registered
44 Posts
When we adopted Tundra at 11 months he had apparently been taught to not get on the furniture or the bed. After a few months my husband decided he wanted Tundra to at least sit by him on the couch. Tundra had the funniest look on his face when he got on the couch....clearly he didn't think he was supposed to be there. He got over that in a hurry! He didn't get on a bed till we were moving across country a couple of years ago and he got on the motel bed...he kinda liked that! We didn't encourage him to get on our queen sized bed because frankly there's not really enough room....Tundra weighs 88 lbs! But sometimes he'll put his head on the bed "asking" if he can hop up around 6 since it's about time for us to get up. When my husband was out of town last week Tundra was "asking" to get in bed with me around 3 every morning. He knew his daddy was gone and there was room! He doesn't really snuggle though. My husband will gone for a month in April so that's going to be interesting!LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Times Three!

Try sharing a (king-size) bed with three!
Like my wife and I, each of our babies has their own “location” on the bed at night. Sometimes Nutmeg wants a little more comfort and will move to the pillows at the top of the bed. Often we’ll wake up wearing a “retriever hat”! Bayou has been sleeping on the bed since he was about 8 weeks old, without an accident, too (luckily), and Petit Cadeau is routinely at her spot on the end of the bed.
There are plenty of other places and times for our amorous adventures…but the absolute best time of the day is waking up amid a pile of puppies, all lightly snoring and snuggling. My wife and I agree that those are the moments in life you want to hold on to forever.
Furniture is replaceable, these little lives are not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts