Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Did your golden come from a breeder or rescue that is on GRF?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since it seems like several of us have recently added another golden to our family who is from a breeder and/or rescue that is on this forum, I thought I would take a quick inventory and ask who came from where. I always like to learn more about the golden connections on GRF!

If your answer is yes, please share your connections with the group! :)

I answered yes because our new boy, Ace, is from the wonderful, amazing, super Doolin3077 (Mac). The stud dog owner is also a forum member - Everlore. I would happily buy another puppy from Mac, and there are several other breeders around here I really admire and respect. If I were planning to rescue, Mary and Jill at Dirk's Fund would be my first choice!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My Bama is from Hooch.

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
My Flirt is from Doolin, too, although I did not get her as a puppy.

100% Housebroken is the way to go for me.

Although the pups ARE cute..........

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
If your answer was "No" but you would like it to be "Yes", Layla is still available !!!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Maggie is from a breeder(not on the forum) Cruiser, Houdini and Abbie came from Dirks fund. Abbie(who has some Big named east coast blood in her background) was from a hobby breeder, who sold her to someone who couldnt keep her due to her husband having allergies, when they contacted her(breeder) she has some terrible family and health issues that she thought Dirks fund could find a better home then she could.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Sam was from a breeder not on the forum. Dillon was a rescue found by Jenna (AquaClaraCanines) in Florida, then transported to me cross country by members of this forum. :)

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Tucker's breeder doesn't post on the forum, but Tess and Wilson are from their last litter. They share the same Sire. Shadow's breeder, well...

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Our two Goldens are not from a breeder on the form....but in a few years I would like to add a rescue to our home and this is the first place I would look.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
MacKenzie was fostered by Mary (Maggies Mom) from Dirk's Fund. With the help of references from this forum and Mary, I was able to have her.

Brady is from a breeder not on this forum, but there have been half siblings of his on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Tucker's breeder signed up for the forum but don't think she ever posted.

I forget her username now... but I know there's a couple of Tomiskaway dogs on here.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
MacKenzie was fostered by Mary (Maggies Mom) from Dirk's Fund. With the help of references from this forum and Mary, I was able to have her.

Brady is from a breeder not on this forum, but there have been half siblings of his on this forum.
There's my sweet girl... Make sure to give her and Brady kisses from me!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Both of our boys are from the same breeder. I have told her about this forum and she said she would check it out, but I have no idea if she has signed up.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I couldn't decide how to vote so I didn't. I got Oakly from a breeder who is not associated with this forum and I got Caue directly from a gentleman who joined the forum to get ideas on how to rehome his golden. Though I have to thank the forum members that vouched for me and help to drive Caue from Connecticut to Maine.

·
2,472 Posts
she's from a rescue, but not one from this forum.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Our Dusty is from Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue in WV and Sammy was adopted from the Prince George's County, MD animal shelter. As much as it would be fun to have a puppy we are committed to only adopting from a rescue or shelter, there are just too many adult dogs needing a good home. Our two little terriers were rescues as well.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Molson's breeder is not on the forum, but there are so many fabulous breeders on here that I will have a very hard decision narrowing it down to which one of them our next dogs will come from!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts