Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love some experienced eyes to have a look. The first photo is Wednesday, the day I brought her home. The second is today. I think it is okay - the swelling is definitely down - but other than a spay wound (much smaller), I don't really have experience with how quickly it should start looking better, or if the redness is okay. The darkest red today does seem to be where it was most prominent when she first came home.
Thanks for looking.

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,198 Posts
I'm not a Vet, but I think the incision looks good and is healing in the 2nd picture.
Most of the redness is gone, some pink areas.

Overall I think it looks good.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My experience is with human wounds after surgery, but I would say that the second pic is looking good!
Sending good wishes for her continued healing.

·
Super Moderator
2,868 Posts
looks good to me too!

Reactions: Sweet Girl

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the reassurance. I know no wetness or ooze is good, but other than that, just needed to make sure the bit of redness is still okay. I actually didn't realize the puffiness of the skin was swelling until lit suddenly started to go down! 😄 I will be so happy when these stitches come out and I can take the cone off my sweet girl. She's been such a good girl with it, but I know it's not easy for her.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Thank you all for the reassurance. I know no wetness or ooze is good, but other than that, just needed to make sure the bit of redness is still okay. I actually didn't realize the puffiness of the skin was swelling until lit suddenly started to go down! 😄 I will be so happy when these stitches come out and I can take the cone off my sweet girl. She's been such a good girl with it, but I know it's not easy for her.
Rocket’s incision looked like that too. The skin was pretty angry at being severed like that for a few days, but it got better pretty quickly.

Reactions: Sweet Girl

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's actually looking really good today! The redness is pretty much all gone as is the swelling. And Shala tried to convince me to go for a walk yesterday - not just these short bathroom breaks - which I took as a good sign. (She lost that battle, unfortunately for her. And me. I really miss walking with her). One more week til the stitches come out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts