Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. C just finished his breakfast while I logged on here a few minutes ago. He sat down after eating and then a few minutes later some of his kibble flew out of his mouth - about 20 - 25 pieces all over the livingroom. Is this OK? Normal? I've never seen a dog do this. Does this mean there is something wrong? I'm nervous.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Did he possibly eat it too fast and/or become very active and excited after? Was it partially digested? Toby sometimes eats too fast and gets excited running around, then it comes back up shortly after. He's usually just fine, just too overstimulated so soon after eating. We slow him down with Kongs and try to keep him from doing zoomies for a few hours after.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dallas Gold. I have never seen kibble fly in the air like that. He hadn't been running around before he did this. He seems normal - having his usual after breakfast snooze. Sorry for sounding the alarm but it did make me nervous. I thought perhaps there was something wrong with his throat.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I think as long as he doesn't start vomiting repeatedly, he will be fine. Every once in a while one of my dogs will upchuck part of their meal. Or cough up several pieces of kibble because they scarfed it down to quickly.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Fostermom. He probably did just eat too fast but I'll keep an eye on him for the rest of the day.
Gosh, I know its silly but this made me so nervous and I couldn't think straight for a while there. I was pouring milk into my tea when this happened. I just went back into the kitchen to make another tea and couldn't find the milk container in the fridge. Took me a few minutes but I found it in the cupboard - haha.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Oriana has done this on occasion. Usually it is preceded by very rapid consumption of water just before eating. I would just watch and see at this time.

Reactions: C's Mom
1 - 7 of 7 Posts