Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard about people feeding this to their dogs and they do great on it, http://www.njboxers.com/satin-balls-recipe.htm
if i fed that with large meat bones ( to keep their teeth strong) and some kibble would that be good? Ive looked into the price and in my area it would be cheaper than buying kibble, and this way i could afford to buy a higher quality kibble, because it would last longer. has anyone tried this? how does it sound? please coment!
thanks!

they get alot of excersize so gaining to much weight wouldn't be an issue.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Satin Balls are intended as something to put weight on a dog that has lost weight. They are not normally fed on a regular basis.

·
16,000 Posts
Satin Balls are excellent for putting weight on a dog fairly quickly, and also as a "boost" for very hard working dogs who burn a lot of calories. I've used them in both applications, and have recommended them to others.

THey should not be used as the sole food source.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they wouldn't be the sole food source, i was thinking half and half kibble, I take them on long runs ( on one of those bike attachments) and they burn a lot. they are on the lean side, not skinny, just lean. so i was thinking this would help, and cut down on money. I only have an on-call job, and they haven't called in along time, and no one else is hiring ( small town). I'm going to try it, if they put on too much weight then i will stop, but if they stay the same ( and theres less poop) then i'm going to stay with it.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
For frequent use, I'd worry about the fat content & pancreatitis. For the occasional treat or short term use to add to a normal diet for weight gain, no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts