Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes feel like I'm in love with my dog! I look forward to getting up in the morning so I can see him. When he lies down on the couch back with his head on my shoulder, I can't stop hugging him. I just get a good, happy, warm feeling when he wants to cuddle with me....

I swear, the love from this dog is endless!

Kris

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
There's a reason they coined the phrase "puppy love." Sounds like you got it bad!! Don't worry though, you're not alone! ;)

Julie and Jersey

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
LOL you are not alone! I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning because I'm the peanut butter in a golden sandwich. It is a wonderful way to awake each morning but it is hard to get out of the cozy bed until both have had their belly rubs.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I definitely have thought on more than one occasion that I am actually IN LOVE with my dogs - it's just such a pure love, it's hard to tell the difference :)

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
I hope it's normal because I feel the same way.....I can't get enough of my dogs. I want to maul them all the time!! I look forward to nothing more than getting up in the morning and seeing their sweet little faces.....hearing Reno's thumping tail on the floor, watching Austin dive head first into the futon for our cuddle time and Lincoln with a toy (or something) in his mouth wiggling his behind all over the place. I just love them to death....

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a direct result from all the unconditional love we get from them!! We can have a bad day and scold them and they love us just the same. They don't remember our faults and are filled with pure joy when they've been apart from us and are reunited with us after a long day at work. They want nothing more then to please us and love us. Yep it's easy to fall in love with them!! :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gotta look for that book!

Now, I feel sorry for the people who don't love animals, who don't have pets. What a huge wonderful part of life they are missing. How horrible!

Kris

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
I think I kiss my dog more than I do my husband! :)
My husband has said that of me too......he said he has to grow fur and walk on all fours to get any attention in our house!!!!

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
Bogart and I have a special Bond also. He loves it when I tell him he is my NICE Boy that's like the ultimate praise to him. Because in training when it's done right Nice is the praise he is looking for. So when we are relaxed and just hanging out together and I tell him he is my nice and handsome boy he melts. He starts licking my hand and his tounge gets stuck mid lick and that is just tooo cute for words. We are just very close because of all the training we are doing together. He is 4 years old now and our Bond is getting stronger and stronger.
Elke, ZsaZsa and Bogar

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
When I first got Sophie, I had to wonder if I was normal as well. I never thought someone could love a dog the way I did. Now that I have 2, I see that the love is double. Join the "puppy love" club, it's a nice warm club to belong to.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
You are very normal, at least in my books. I have felt such love for and from my furry ones.

Carolyn Knapp in Pack of Two (a book) is the first person I heard say I'm in love with my dog. It was so liberating!!

You're fine :)
Loved Caroline's writing. When she passed away her husband kept her dog and she just recently passed away too. If there is a heaven then Lucille and Caroline are together again.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Another happy Golden lover here. I actually ache when I have to leave her sad face home. She goes everywhere with me that is safe for her. On the rare occasions I have to leave her I explain it to her. She knows "Not this time" and retreats to the sofa without being told to. How can I not love that and go back for one more cuddle.

That I can let her out of the car and she will stay by my side and go to the door of the store and wait to be let in. She wants nothing more than to be with me...not chasing rabbits or kids. How can I not love that dog who finds me and what I do so fascinating.

When I walk her in the park, I hide behind a big tree when she goes out ahead. She turns around and I'm gone. She runs back to look for me and I'm convinced she laughs out loud when she finds me and I say BOO!. I'm also convinced she knows it's a game.

At the beach, at home laying next to me in the garden eating green beans off the plants, at my feet when I sit in the shade garden. She's not a cuddler at all but is my best friend. I DO kiss and hug her MORE than I do my husband.

I've only loved one other being as unconditionally as I love her and that was a horse.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
LOL. Well, I don't know if it's "normal", but at least you're not alone! :p:

I'm so completely in love with my Riley, it's ridiculous. Cooper was my baby and after we lost him, I didn't think I'd love another dog like that ever again. Then along came Riley and the bond I feel with him, now, is even stronger. He's my world.

It's so bad that mom and I can be out shopping and after a couple hours, I'm ready to come home because I miss him.
I've told her that I realize it's probably completely neurotic, but it is what it is. I can't do anything about it, so I've just accepted it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree...
I was so in love with my Tristan, that it killed me when he had to be euthanized at 16 years.
I still wear his tags and it's been 9 years. Close to his heart, close to mine.

I love my other dogs, Sunny, a 9 year old Yellow Labrador and Trinian a 14 month old Golden.
I am working on that special bond with Trinian. His eyes say it all.

I am glad to hear that others of you feel that way, too.
Warm hugs from the snow belt of northwest Pa. !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts