Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted posted a question about finding the right balance in a Golden:

"We just recently lost our Golden at a little over 11 years. I have been lurking on this site just to get feel of things and to enjoy looking at the pictures of Goldens. Sophie the golden we lost was a beautiful and loving girl. Sophie was our second Golden, our first, Gretel lived to almost 14 years.

We are not emotionally ready for another dog but I know we will need to fill the empty spot in our lives .I have a question about breeders. Our first Golden Gretel had field and obedience in her line, Sophie was more of a conformation bred dog. Both dogs were joys. When the time comes I would like to find a breeder that tries to find a balance. We are in Arizona but would be willing to travel to find the right breede
r."

I thank everyone for their help. About a week ago I went to a dog show in Tucson and looked around, almost all the dogs we saw were conformation dogs. there were only a couple obedience showings and we missed seeing them. I spoke to a couple of breeders and watched the dogs.

After we got home I researched breeders on the web and found one that seemed to match our hopes and needs. this is the listing.

http://www.soxpups.com

I emailed Jackie at Topbrass and explained what we were looking for and she seemed to feel that this breeding would produce a pup that would meet our needs.

The puppies are not due until March and if they are willing to let us get one of the pups, the time delay since the loss of our Sophie would make it easier.

Is it better to drive or fly out to pick up a puppy?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm not an expert but those are great looking parents who know how to make gorgeous puppies. It appears they have all the appropriate clearances.

If it were me I'd be driving to get the puppy.

Looking forward to pictures in the Spring.

·
16,000 Posts
I have always liked Phlyer, and I do like the Phlyer kids I've seen. This looks like a nice breeding.

Depending on how far you are, I'd fly. A 7-9 week old pup can fly in the cabin under your seat in a Sherpa.

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
I'd fly-much shorter trip and easier on the puppy (and you!). I flew to Texas to bring home my Creed and Doolin's Putter. The boys travelled very well, and it was actually fun :) I borrowed a Sherpa for the trip and it worked out well.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I would definitely go for this litter. It is a combo of field and breed lines and Jackie is a legend in the Golden world.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already sent the application and deposit, Jackie acknowledged. I hope this all works out. This litter has all the things I wished for.

·
SunKissed Goldens
975 Posts
Thumbs up for me, but I'm breeding my Diva to Phlyer (hopefully) next month! :) I love him! My boy Eclipse is his grandson, such sweet dogs.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I believe Ljilly bought a puppy from this first breeding for her best friends. His name is Fenway. You can see pictures of him here:
http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=307181

She could tell you more about the puppies, but I know his family LOVES him. He now lives in Chicago.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I actually looked at this breeding myself this summer when I was looking for a pup. Even talked to Jackie about it. She thought a breeding with more field in it would be better for me and what I was looking for, but I think for most people this is an awesome litter!

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the links to Fenway, Now that they moved to Chicago does she have to change his name to Wrigley.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Everyone is teasing them about adding a pup from this 2nd litter to be called Wrigley! Does Fenway need a sister?

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Wow, great parents! I'd fly also as long as you can have puppy with you. : )
can't wait for pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts