Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to adopt this one soon, he is 6-7 months old and i'm unsure as to what he is. I Know he has some golden retriever for sure, but i don't know if he has something else in him as well, or if he's a purebred. HELP FAST PPLEASE!!:wave:

PICTURE 1: http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/maddskillz23/?action=view&current=golden22.jpg
PICTURE 2: http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/maddskillz23/?action=view&current=golden.jpg

if it is indeed a mix, do you have any guesses as to what he is mixed with?

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I'm looking to adopt this one soon, he is 6-7 months old and i'm unsure as to what he is. I Know he has some golden retriever for sure, but i don't know if he has something else in him as well, or if he's a purebred. HELP FAST PPLEASE!!:wave:

if it is indeed a mix, do you have any guesses as to what he is mixed with?
Hey, I fixed your image links. I don't really have an opinion on what mix this dog might be, though. Does it matter in terms of whether you'll adopt him or not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I fixed your image links. I don't really have an opinion on what mix this dog might be, though. Does it matter in terms of whether you'll adopt him or not?

thank you!! and no, i was just curious. So you do think its a mix though? just don't know what it is?

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Who knows! But really, what does it matter? You can do a genetic test once you rescue him just to be sure if you really want to know!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
thank you!! and no, i was just curious. So you do think its a mix though? just don't know what it is?
It's hard to say. The coat could be right for a Golden that age, but the ears are all wrong. But sometimes the ears get really weird during the growth spurt at that age. Same thing for the proportions. The head shape isn't correct for a Golden, but that doesn't mean this isn't a Golden. A lot of what doesn't quite look Golden-like might iron itself out as the pup matures. Or, if the pup is a mix, those differences might get more and more significant as the dog ages.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
That's just about the worst age to tell a pure bred golden IMO!
I have a friend with a golden that pretty much looked like a bloodhound/golden mix for a very long time!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I see some black tipping on the tail which would make me think he is part golden and part something else, but I would think mostly golden.

·
Registered
586 Posts
What a face!!!! Mixed or not, he looks to be an absolute sweetheart. Hope your adoption goes through as planned--we'll look forward to more pictures!!!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Alll the other stuff people noted make it seem likely he is a mix, but the black spot on the tail is what makes me lean toward the certainty of it being mixed. But he is certainly going to be a handsome dog regardless. And, what a golden smile!

·
Registered
211 Posts
His body and legs look EXACTLY like Rain's. She is a Golden/Lab. However I don't see any Lab in that pup. It's just amazing how similar the legs and body (shape and fur) are. lol

Such a cutie BTW!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts