Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Maggie and Mya's Mom
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Is there certain vitamins we SHOULD have our Goldens on. Maggie is taking a joint supplement right now because of her HD but other then that are there others that you think is a must...and why? Oh and what age?

Thanks

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I would recommend a good fish oil...... EPA and DHA supplementation helps heart, joints adn even brain development. And of course it's great for coat and skin. This site has great articles explaining more in depth. http://www.seapet.com/Omega3.htm If you are interested, I use the icelandic pure. Also, just as a bit of info.... if you do supplement with anything else, I would suggest whole food supplements such as those from the Wholistic Pet. Synthetic vitamins can often times not be absorbed as well and can be overdosed.

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Usually a good, healthy, balanced diet does not need any other additives. My dogs are on nothing but their food and the occasional spoon of yogurt, cottage cheese, or canned food - just as a treat and I am very pleased with their overall health and coats. In your case with the HD the supplement for the joints is needed (glucoamine and chondrotin).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts